- Total War Franchise Week on Steam
- Posted by Scipii on August 21st, 2013 @ 04:14 a.m.
- The entire Total War franchise, excluding Total War: Rome II obviously, is currently on sale on the Steam Store for between 50-75%, depending on the bundle or game. So whether you are looking to improve your Total War collection, or have been holding out for the DLC packs to go on sale, now is your opportunity.
Currently you can buy Total War: Shogun 2 and its DLC for 50% off. Whilst the Fall of the Samurai stand-alone expansion is 75% off, and its DLC 50% off. The Total War Franchise Week sale will presumably last at least the length of the working week, if not a week proper. Meanwhile, for you Steam Card collectors and badge creators among the community each Total War game now apparently comes with support for Steam Cards, according to the Total War Facebook page.
See you on the battlefield Daimyo!
- In a Bardic Circle
- Posted by Scipii on June 11th, 2013 @ 04:11 a.m.
- Shogun 2 Heaven here reminding everyone to visit Total War Heaven’s joint community forums for all things Warstories and Total War AARs, the Bardic Circle. Whether you are interested in Shogun 2 or something a bit different there is a bit of something going on for everyone at the moment.
If you have been craving a Shogun 2 AAR to read yours truly, Scipii, has just started a new saga about the rise of the Takeda clan to the Shogunate. Or if 17th Century Europe is more your style then do not forget to check out EoJ’s “A Crown for the Wolves” Saxony story. Whatever your interests be sure to head over to the Bardic Circle.
If you would like to have your Shogun 2 Let’s Play, AAR, or themed story in the Bardic Circle featured in a Shogun 2 Community Report feel free to contact us via e-mail or the forums via the Site Comments & Announcements section.
- Shogun 2 Heaven Upgrade In Progress
- Posted by Scipii on March 25th, 2013 @ 3:17 p.m.
- Dear Visitors and Total War Heaven Community,
Over the next few days Shogun 2 Heaven visitors may unfortunately experience some technical faults with some newer features of the website. However, we are pleased to announce that it is all in the name of a better Shogun 2 Heaven. Once everything is done and dusted community members and new visitors should be able to enjoy a better organised and more informative Total War: Shogun 2 fansite.
Our Community page has been updated to include mentions of our Facebook and Twitter pages. Meanwhile we are currently in the progress of dividing the former Game Info catagory into two new Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai specific catagories so that we may provide better coverage for both games and their separate DLCs. Whether you own just Shogun 2, the stand-alone Fall of the Samurai expansion, or hopefully both.
The forums should remain unaffected throughout this process and be available in spite of the changes currently taking place.
Thankyou for your patience,
Scipii, Shogun 2 Heaven Seraph
- Otomo Clan Pack Available for Preorder!
- Posted by Terikel Grayhair on November 20th, 2012 @ 12:52 a.m.
- Otomo ‘Gunpowder’ Clan Pack for Total War: SHOGUN 2 available for preorder now!
Launches November 30th, 10% discount on preorders, says SEGA.
Previously an AI-only force, the Otomo Clan has been expanded into a fully-featured playable faction. With new units, buildings, technologies and more, the Otomo Clan Pack offers an altogether different style of play from any of the other clans, making it an essential download for SHOGUN 2 players.
As the clan that welcomed Portuguese traders and missionaries into Japan, the Otomo gain easy access to modern gunpowder weapons and major bonuses to the spread of Christianity. In addition, their relations with the west enable them to lease land to the Portuguese and raise war-funds with remarkable speed.
The Otomo Clan will be live on STEAM on November 30th with 10% discount on preorders until launch day.
STEAM store link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223180
Visit www.totalwar.com for further details.
- Naban Some Shogun II – 75% Off Sale
- Posted by Scipii on September 30th, 2012 @ 12:21 p.m.
- For today only, as part of Steam’s Total War sale, you can nab both Shogun II and the stand-alone expansion Fall of the Samurai for 75% off their usual retail price on Steam. Meanwhile all the DLC released by The Creative Assembly for Shogun II and Fall of the Samurai is discounted by 25%, and so are not part of the Shogun II and Fall of the Samurai daily deal sadly.
Still, if you have been waiting for a good opportunity to join in the action, especially with the very recent release of Steam Workshop support and expanded mod tools for Shogun II, then now is as good a time as any. Do not forget you can still grab the Total War Master Collection on Steam through the sale with a massive 75% discount. That is some massive value for the usual Steam retail price of Total War: Shogun II.
- Shogun 2 Assembly Kit Released!
- Posted by Scipii on September 28th, 2012 @ 11:26 p.m.
- In another step towards virtual global dominance The Creative Assembly and SEGA have announced and released a comprehensive SDK to the community in the name of all things mod-like. Among the several touted development tools is Steam Workshop integration, allowing the easy and widespread sharing of new custom maps, historical scenarios, and modifications ranging from minor through to total conversions.
The Shogun 2 Assembly Kit can be found in the Tools section of your Steam Library alongside the previously released TEd, map creator. Now excuse me while I eagerly download the Assembly Kit and attempt to have some fun modding.
- DAVe database tool – used for editing database entries
- Unit Editor – for changing the look for units
- Tooldatabuilder – for unpacking data
- Campaign map reprocessing
- Max export scripts for models
- Example Max files for most model types
- BoB processing tool, also capable of building mod packs
- New Saints and Heroes Elite Unit Pack Released!
- Posted by Terikel Grayhair on July 26th, 2012 @ 4:20 p.m.
- Quoted from SEGA:
“SEGA Europe, Ltd. today announced that Saints and Heroes, the brand-new elite unit pack for Total War: Shogun 2TM, is available for download.Head over to the Steam Store to acquire the Saints and Heroes Unit Pack today.
Honed by years of relentless training and tempered in the fires of countless battles, these nine legendary warrior units are the masters of their combat disciplines, and stand head-and-shoulders above their rank-and-file brothers. Batter the enemy into submission with the war-clubs of Tadakatsu’s Tetsubo Warriors. Perform devastating flank attacks with The Spears of Shizugatake, spear-wielding cavalrymen of the first order. Or strike fear into the hearts of your opponents with Hanzo’s Shadows, elite Ninja who are unparalleled in the use of stealth, and trained to scale castle walls at lightning speed.
All nine of the elite units in the Saints and Heroes unit pack are available for use in both single player and multiplayer modes.”
- Shogun II Swap Game in Progress
- Posted by Terikel Grayhair on July 25th, 2012 @ 3:53 p.m.
- Our fellow warlords from the Far East have begun a Swap Game in the virtual realm of Shogun II.
Interested in showing others your skills as a warlord? Drop by here and report for duty.
If thou does wish to participate, do not delay. There are clans awaiting our conquest!
- Total War: Shogun 2 Patch Released!
- Posted by Scipii on July 04th, 2012 @ 11:16 a.m.
Change Log:The patch has already gone live on Steam so do not be surprised if you notice your Total War: Shogun 2 installation downloading a hundred megabytes, or two.
- Lighting shader tweaks to improve lighting in battles throughout the game.
- A Multiplayer crash on host machine when searching for a 4v4 Set-up team siege battle has been fixed.
- Fixed crash when attempting to play Fall of the Samurai Historical Battles when players owns the stand alone Dragon War Battle Pack and not Total War: SHOGUN 2 Fall of the Samurai.
- Fix for players becoming stuck during the Avatar Multiplayer Tutorial after searching for a Match Made battle.
- The “Season” drop down list should now display correctly after changing map in a multiplayer Battle List battle.
- Wako pirates now have the correct banners in naval battles via the Campaign.
- Fix to prevent AI trade fleets grouped around occupied trade nodes in Campaign mode.
- Fix to prevent Mixed Avatars being able to join Battle List battles with ‘Mixed Avatars’ option turned off.
- Fix for bug in Avatar Conquest mode where players receiving a clan promotion were shown a message telling them they have been relegated.
- Desynchronisation (desync) message has been localised to French, Italian, German, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish.
- Fix for multiplayer campaign desynchronsiation (desync) when playing between German and Czech players.
- Improved compatibility with AMD Radeon HD 7 series graphics cards.
- Fixes to prevent desynchronisation (desync) in Multiplayer Campaign mode.
- Improved combat animation blending for cavalry.
- Added localisation to the multiplayer lobby for the status of TEd created maps when they are being shared.
- Fix for Sea of Japan naval battle map crash.
- Players can no longer delete the “Sea of Japan” Naval Battle map, and can delete their own maps (Created or shared through TEd) on the battle setup screen UI.
- Added localisation for battle setup screen UI in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish.
- Total War: Rome II Announced!
- Posted by Scipii on July 03rd, 2012 @ 06:01 a.m.
Today, we’re delighted to announce one of the most hotly-anticipated titles in our history – Total War: Rome II – sequel to the multi-million selling, 92% Metacritic-rated classic Rome: Total War, encompassing one of the best-known periods in world history.Here at Total War Heaven we have set-up a new forum dedicated to discussing Total War: Rome II. To begin sharing your thoughts head over to our new Total War: Rome II forum.
Total War: Rome II will sink players into the dangerous political machinations of Rome’s senate, while asking them to struggle with family dilemmas and question the loyalty of ‘friends’ and allies. Leading the greatest army ever seen into battle will be just one challenge you will face at the head of the world’s first superpower.
Will you help forge an empire? Restore the Republic? Or grasp the reins of power for yourself, and assume the hated title of tyrant? Who will you conquer? Who will you betray? Who will you sacrifice?
“How far will you go for Rome?”
“Our games have always encompassed a grand vision”, said Mike Simpson, Creative Director. “But we’re now pushing that vision at both ends of the spectrum. From the immense reach of the sandbox campaign right down to the human-level drama of a single warrior on the battlefield, we’re aiming for an unprecedented level of detail and scale.
“In our 25th year of games development, it feels fitting to return to our most critically acclaimed era”, continued Rob Bartholomew, Brand Director. “There’s been a multi-generational leap in technology since the original game and we are ready to set another benchmark in gaming.”
Total War: Rome II is due for release in 2013. For more information visit the new-look site at www.totalwar.com“