IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.131 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Swap Game: Pontus
Bottom
Topic Subject:Swap Game: Pontus
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 02-04-13 02:37 AM EDT (US)         
So, warlords of Pontus, we begin our quest for world domination and the fair land of Italia:

Please give your advice and comments below.

Our current order for Supreme Commander is:
1- General Sajaru
2- Hannibal the Conqueror
3- Average Citizen
4- Bulba Khan

Drop-In Generals (offered a chance at end of every cycle):
Alex the Bold

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own

[This message has been edited by General Sajaru (edited 04-12-2013 @ 11:26 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-13-13 06:15 PM EDT (US)     51 / 131       
Excellent job, Thompsoncs . It looks like we're about to make some headway on our conquest and settling of Italy.

The scepter has been passed to our next general in line, Bulba Khan.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Bulba Khan
Ashigaru
(id: stormer)
posted 03-16-13 04:40 PM EDT (US)     52 / 131       
Im off work tomorow, so Ill play then if thats alright with people here.
Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 03-19-13 10:28 AM EDT (US)     53 / 131       
So Bulba Khan, any report from the battlefield yet?

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
Bulba Khan
Ashigaru
posted 03-21-13 07:25 PM EDT (US)     54 / 131       
Report coming in 24 hours, god help the bugger after me. Sorry for taking soooooooo long.
General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-21-13 07:33 PM EDT (US)     55 / 131       
All good. I'm a bit afraid, although it might fall to Alex instead

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 03-22-13 03:49 AM EDT (US)     56 / 131       
Sorry lads, I won't be able to play this turn. It's up to you General...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 03-22-13 06:14 PM EDT (US)     57 / 131       
Any reports? How bad is it?
Bulba Khan
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-13 05:52 AM EDT (US)     58 / 131       
Summer 259 and the next winter I sat tight waiting for the senate to attack. Summer 258, we annihilated the senate army, however, it came at a huge cost. the faction leader, heir and half the capuan army were killed.
They bribed capua, i took it back and exterminated it. I've spent the 3 years stabilising the country. We have 6000 denarii and we can build scythed chariots in capua. Ill send the save round soon.
Sorry for taking so long.
Bare in mind that a julii army is heading towards tarentum and the senate has a stack again, i suggest the next person stocks up on pikemen.
Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-13 07:09 AM EDT (US)     59 / 131       
Good job defeating the senate army, but indeed at high cost. In fact, since you didnt take them out, it will be of little benefit to us, maybe even a pyrrhic victory. We lost much of our only military strength with little economy to build it up again with armies a plenty around us, while the spqr has money enough and will get many generals again soon.

My personal line of action would have been to take rome directly. Since capua has just been exterminated, it will prove little profit to the spqr, whereas rome will give us lots of plunder. The spqr is rich enough to pump out armies, and they will constantly get new generals, which is the biggest problem. With rome in our hands and capua in theirs, things would be a bit better for us. SPQR would then easily be defeated, leaving only the julii as big threat.

The brutii should also not be forgotten, when I stopped they already had 2 provinces in the balkans, granted 2 very basic towns but still. And the scipii might have taken sicily by now, which will grant them a base to send armies to us by fleet, behind our battle line with the julii.

So keep garrissons in our cities as we will likely frequently see some roman armies land near our cities in italy.

[This message has been edited by Thompsoncs (edited 03-24-2013 @ 07:11 AM).]

Bulba Khan
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-13 09:35 AM EDT (US)     60 / 131       
Thats why I feel sorry for the person after me, Im out at the moment, when I come back ill email the save.

The thing with the senate army was my army was about 700 and theirs was 1370, about 100 got to rome while i only had 400 left, luckily i exterminated capua which brought money in as we were 16k in the red when i took over. Now we have a blacksmith in capua and scythed chariots too. The only problem is that the pop of capua is only 1k.
Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-13 02:15 PM EDT (US)     61 / 131       
Good job Bulba Khan. Nice work on the senate thing too.

Let's hope Rome doesn't pump too many soldiers in a way that makes the battle unwinnable.

"I long for Darkness."

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-24-13 03:26 PM EDT (US)     62 / 131       
If we have some money, we will soon have more than enough troops. And phalanxes can almost always take on equal or worse numbers of Romans.

Bulba Khan
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-13 03:46 PM EDT (US)     63 / 131       
General do i email the save to you?
im home now
Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-13 04:23 PM EDT (US)     64 / 131       
I'm out, see this topic for explanation. http://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aoecgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=2,5969,,10.

I've had fun playing rtwh swaps, good luck all!
Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-13 04:57 PM EDT (US)     65 / 131       
Too bad you're leaving Thompsoncs... Good luck with your future endeavours...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 03-24-13 05:38 PM EDT (US)     66 / 131       
As an impartial observer I am liking your swap game and hope all of you do well. Good luck!

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-24-13 11:33 PM EDT (US)     67 / 131       
General do i email the save to you?
im home now
Yes please.

Edit: I will be posting my turns shortly.

[This message has been edited by General Sajaru (edited 03-25-2013 @ 01:03 PM).]

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-27-13 09:09 AM EDT (US)     68 / 131       
Any update general?

"I long for Darkness."

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-27-13 11:54 AM EDT (US)     69 / 131       
Over the past few years, things have heated up quite a bit on the peninsula.

First, we've been assaulted in Tarentum several (Time 1 with result, time 2 with result, and time 3 with result) times by the Julii.

Also, the Scipii landed a pair of armies near Croton, thusly, and besieged it, a battle we managed to win with the timely arrival of some reinforcements. Then, we took on their second army with decent results.

Having built up a large enough army, we moved on the Senate army outside of Rome, and managed to win without huge losses, save for half our cavalry.

This is how things stand at the end of my turns.

The save has been passed.

Edit: also, apparently, I can never remember which one is Tarentum and which one is Croton. And don't get me started on Arretium and Ariminum.

[This message has been edited by General Sajaru (edited 03-27-2013 @ 01:12 PM).]

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-27-13 04:27 PM EDT (US)     70 / 131       
Ooh, nice job Sajaru, and all the other generals that preceded me. I've got lots of work to do, so I'll get started tomorrow.

"I long for Darkness."

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 03-27-13 04:55 PM EDT (US)     71 / 131       
Nice work General Sajaru, despite the low quality of our troops...

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-27-13 08:20 PM EDT (US)     72 / 131       
Hey, enough Eastern Infantry backed up with a few Pontic Heavies will do wonders.

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-28-13 07:54 PM EDT (US)     73 / 131       
Turn 1

Blockaded the fleet in Apollonia as my first move. The Julii military rating on the charts is pretty disturbing. So is the Egyptian rating.

Turn 2

The Julii army seems to be going for Tarentum. Good thing we have a massive army over there.

Down to the south, you could also see a Scipii ship. The ship has a massive Scipii army aboard, so I attack it with our fleet blockading Apollonia. Unfortunately, they ran out of MP's and couldn't attack in one turn.

Turn 3

Crap. The Scipii ship went around Sicily and reached to the coast of Bruttium. Is that even possible?

The Julii full stack besieges Tarentum, with a half stack army nearby.

I decide to go for Rome first, since our siege equipment is ready. The strength ratio is 1:1.

Even though our general died in battle, we have taken Rome against greater odds, with the presence of well-trained Triarii and Principes. I exterminate.

We can train Bronze Shields at Rome!

Pontic Heavies were sent from Croton to Tarentum, and I took command over the cavalry army while I left the AI in command of the garrison.

Aaand the Julii army has been crushed. No Heroic though.

---------------

It's 4 a.m here, off to bed. Will finish the rest tomorrow

EDIT: We got 12000 denarii from the extermination of Rome, 3000 are left. Spent some on construction of economic buildings and training some phalanx units and pontic heavies.

"I long for Darkness."

[This message has been edited by Alex David (edited 03-29-2013 @ 05:31 AM).]

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-13 07:56 AM EDT (US)     74 / 131       
Good job Alex... Well done...

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-13 05:39 PM EDT (US)     75 / 131       
EDIT: Disregard this, I will post a full update with the screenies tomorrow.

Passed the save back to ya General.

"I long for Darkness."

[This message has been edited by Alex David (edited 03-29-2013 @ 05:41 PM).]

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-30-13 10:18 AM EDT (US)     76 / 131       
Ok, somehow I posted this update on the Party thread in the RLT

Turn 4

The Dacians come forth with a proposition of an alliance and trade rights, including them offering their map info. I accept, and sell them our map information for 500 denarii.

The commander of the Julii half stack army sees the futility in fighting the Pontic steamroller, and starts withdrawing into Julii territory. Our garrisons in Tarentum and Rome aren't powerful enough to pursue the enemy army, but they are powerful enough to defend the cities.

Well well well, the Scipii actually had the courage to land at Bruttium. I won't go after them, for now.

Wow! Our profits have increased from being in the red, to almost 5000 denarii per turn! This is excellent!

Our loyal servant, Synges, is sent from Rome to Etruria to gather information on the presence of Roman troops in the region. Ha! Their numbers are ridiculous! Not with a 1000 men did they take Tarentum, so how would they be able to fight us with a few hundred?

Synges has infiltrated the Julii capital, managing to incite rebellions everywhere and lowering the public order in the city to 50%. The traits of the Julii faction heir aid in this as well.

Turn 5

Not only have the Scipii besieged Croton, but they also seem to be throwing everything they have at us, often a sign of weakness. They have landed another army under the command of a Scipii family member.

I sally against the besieging Roman force with our cavalry army alone and no help from Tarentum, and to make this more fun, the odds are 9:10.

Ha! The Romans are scurrying for the hills, like the little ants they are. Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths!

Our cavalry's about to charge the shit out of them.

And they have.

Insta-rout.

Another insta-rout.

Victory.

The Romans have been vaporized. A heroic victory indeed, couldn't get a screenie of the victory screen though, but our forces have suffered minimal casualties, compared to only 20 surviving men of the 890-man enemy army.

A trait increase for Rhescuporis. He is now a confident commander, which contributes one star to his command abilities.

Not much left for me to do so I end turn.

Turn 6

A Julii fleet blockades the port at Rome. A fleet of ours is ordered to engage with the enemy as soon as possible to lift the blockade.

I send our cavalry army from Croton to engage the Scipii family member to the south west. They have no where to run to, with their ships defeated in an earlier battle and forced to retreat.

After several small skirmishes here and there, this is the current situation. We cannot go head on with the enemy due to the presence of Principes.

One unit routs. They will be executed and their families stoned to death!

Yep, that's also the Roman general down there. No need to tell you what's going to happen after this.

Was busy at the flanks and didn't see this. Doesn't matter, they're doomed anyway. Only stupid men would run into Pontic heavy cavalry head on.

They have been routed.

Now, there's this

And this

Karma much?

Charge time.

Help has arrived to assist our general against the Scipii family member's bodyguard.

Ha! The Scipii family member changes his destination! He's running back to the main force.

Vengeance, is sweet.

Apparently, they've pointed their ballistas towards our general and that cavalry unit.

The Principes were eliminated, unfortunately I have no screenie for that.

Well I'll be damned, those archers are almost outrunning our cavalry.

Now what the hell just happened? This unit of pontic heavies charged at that phalanx without my orders.

A heroic. If it weren't for those 3 units routing for no bloody apparent reason.

I end turn.

Turn 7

I lift the blockade on Messana and attack a nearby Scipii ship with a small force of Principes on board.

Although the first attempt only resulted in a victory, the second attempt by one of our ships that was nearby sunk the Scipii ship with the force aboard.

I send several units of Eastern Infantry, Cavalry Auxilia and Pontic Heavy Cav. to Rome, from Tarentum and Croton.

In 1 turn, Rome is going to be able to produce Pontic heavies.

I end turn.

Turn 8

The Julii make a surprise attack on Rome and roads enable another Roman army to reach halfway to Tarentum.

I attack and defeat the enemy fleet that blockaded Rome.

The besieging Roman force is ridiculous. Bunch of Town Watch units and a couple of Hastati with a few Velites.

I sally.

Those walls..

The Romans are nothing but cowards!

They are so stupid. Haven't they learnt not to charge our cavalry units head on already?

Ha! Look at the Julii faction leader flee!

We have won this battle with minimal losses.

I end turn.

Turn 9

A Roman Quinquereme drives off our naval fleet in the region , which was sunk in the end by pirates.

Other than training more units here and there, there's nothing to report. I end turn.

Turn 10

Our funds are back in the red, with blockades on our ports increasing the strain on our coffers.

The Julii besiege Tarentum.

The cavalry force from Croton attacks the besieging force, and a clear victory. The Romans 188 of our men (Mainly from Herakles forces, our cavalry army lost only 20) while their 750 or so men were reduced to 19, who rout.

END REIGN

I leave the next general with 0 denarii in our coffers , and a very powerful force at Rome, which can be capable of mounting an attack on the Julii, along with Chariot archers and bronze shields.

Watch out of the Brutti though, they have retaken Apollonia from the Macedons.

The Julii are also producing Quinqueremes. Our main fleet blockading Messana can't take the Quinquereme out because there's a ship blocking the way (Which wasn't there last turn)

Save passed back to General.

"I long for Darkness."

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 03-30-13 05:52 PM EDT (US)     77 / 131       
Good job there Alex. We should probably try to build up our fleet and conquer the Julii to acquire more funds...

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-30-13 11:55 PM EDT (US)     78 / 131       
According from what I've seen by playing the save after the update, good tactics can help us win both Ariminum and Arretium in 1-2 turns (And if you manage to wipe out the garrison of either cities it'll be quicker) and we may take several turns to produce considerable forces for another attack on the Julii.

I recommend going after the Scipii first, and then the Brutii. The Brutii are securing some victories against the Macedons and this may threaten our advance to the Alps.

Good luck to the next general

"I long for Darkness."

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-31-13 00:01 AM EDT (US)     79 / 131       
Other than our lack of funds, we're looking pretty decent, with the Julii starting to run out of good troops and the Brutii struggling to hold on to Greece.
Now what the hell just happened? This unit of pontic heavies charged at that phalanx without my orders.
The goal of all cavalry units in RTW is to charge phalanxes head on.

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-31-13 00:18 AM EDT (US)     80 / 131       
Don't worry about our funds. If you manage to lift the blockade on our ports, then our situation would be okay again. Exterminating would be a good idea.

I also recommend that we build execution squares in all our cities, because if we enslave a city (Which we have to do, especially in the case of Kydonia in Crete since it's very small compared to the rest of our settlements) unrest is going to be pretty widespread.

Actually, charging phalanxes head on isn't an idea I'm familiar with, as I always charge them from the back.

"I long for Darkness."

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 03-31-13 02:51 AM EDT (US)     81 / 131       
Well, AI-controlled cavalry almost always charges head-on...

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 03-31-13 07:13 AM EDT (US)     82 / 131       
I was being facetious about the cavalry; it's been my experience that my cavalry will attempt to charge phalanxes head on if I don't manage them closely.

Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
posted 03-31-13 07:40 AM EDT (US)     83 / 131       
Also, in serious situations, beware of ordering groups of 3 or more units to attack an enemy unit since most of the time a unit or two start charging at random targets. This screwed me while playing the save. Order the units one by one to attack the target.

Beware of the Brutii, Macedon, Dacians and the Germans. The Brutii already have large armies (Not too large buy they do pose a threat) fighting the Macedon, and later on in the game the Macedons will attack us.

Our financial situation improves greatly later on in the game as well.

"I long for Darkness."

[This message has been edited by Alex David (edited 03-31-2013 @ 07:50 AM).]

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 04-04-13 01:45 PM EDT (US)     84 / 131       
Average citizen seems to be MIA, so I've passed the save on to Thompsoncs.

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 04-04-13 02:35 PM EDT (US)     85 / 131       
I think that Thompsoncs said that he wouldn't be able to play.

FYI I may be able to play this week...

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 04-04-13 02:44 PM EDT (US)     86 / 131       
You're right, I forgot he decided to quit the forums . If he doesn't get back to me in a day or two, I'll pass it on to Bulba Khan.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 04-05-13 02:45 AM EDT (US)     87 / 131       
Given that the drop-in General is actually available this week, it may be an idea to pop him in to replace an MIA general.

Just saying.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 04-05-13 08:44 AM EDT (US)     88 / 131       
Skip ahead to somebody else please. Good luck with the swap, I'll probably read the results at some point.
Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 04-05-13 09:24 AM EDT (US)     89 / 131       
Well, I finally have time to reinstall the game tomorrow, so I'll be able to play...

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 04-05-13 10:59 AM EDT (US)     90 / 131       
Alright, I've sent it to you, Alex.

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 04-06-13 05:25 PM EDT (US)     91 / 131       
Save received... I'll play my turns tomorrow.

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 04-07-13 01:11 PM EDT (US)     92 / 131       
Sorry for double-posting...

I finished my turns but I have no pics (I forgot to turn the antiallising off and they all were black).

A quick sum up (until I find time for a proper update):

Ariminum is captured and Patavium is under siege by a small army. We now rule the seas, as I recruited many ships to counter the Julii naval power (which is now reduced to nothing).

I fended off two invasions of southern Italy by the Scipii and have now blockaged their Sicilian ports.

I also fought 6 battles against the Julii and the Scipii, with 5 clear victories and 1 Heroic victory (in five of them facing 500+ armies).

Also, we can now recruit Cappadocian cavalry in Ariminum...

Our treasury has gone from 12,000 after the capture and extermination of Ariminum to 1,300 due to the naval recruitment.

Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 04-07-13 01:12 PM EDT (US)     93 / 131       
After I've sent the save of my term back, I continued playing one day. Thought I might share the results with you.

I defeated the SPQR army in the field, with <100 casualties and with all my family members alive. Only 60 of them escaped and they disbanded. I deployed my 2 hoplite merc and slingers+cretans on a hill in a corner of the map, and divided all the cavalry in 2 flanks. I first took out all 4 generals by drawing them away from the infantry and surrounding them with more experienced bodyguards. The infantry was scattered accross the map, chasing my cavalry. Pretty easy to take them out. 3 triarii and 1 hastati decided to withdraw. Only 1 triarii unit escaped with a few casualties.

With the army still intact, I could directly move on Rome. Inside were 4 generals + 1 hastati. The walls were undefended, so I could take them at points where towers cant hit you. My hoplites blocked the street to the plaza in v shape (more effective than a straight line of phalanx). My cretans could shoot from the wall and the attacked my hoplites. At proper moment my bodyguards charged in and routed the whole bunch. After that it was mopping up. The hastati got shot to the last men by the cretans.

With economy returned and a proper army, I took out one advancing Julii army, then within a few turns I had captured everything south of the alps + noricum.

The Julii now only have sardinia, and brutii have started a bit of expanding in Greece, but nothing to worry about. Scipii only have 2 cities in sicily looks like. I have 2 navies ready, great economy and phalanx pikeman can be recruited everywhere. The germans are now attacking over the alps.

About the world: Armenia has become quite big, egypt is steamrolling the seleucids as usual, the britons have taken Gaul (except for Numantia) and are now fighting with spain.

So it would indeed turn out that the former SPQR victory was a bit of a pyrrhic victory, not in the sense of we're losing the war, but in the sense of slowing the conquest down.
General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 04-07-13 09:43 PM EDT (US)     94 / 131       
Wait a second, what happened here???

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 04-07-13 11:17 PM EDT (US)     95 / 131       
I finished my turns and sent the save back to you...

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 04-08-13 00:43 AM EDT (US)     96 / 131       
Yeah, but now Thompsoncs is talking about playing it as well? o.O

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 04-08-13 00:55 AM EDT (US)     97 / 131       
My guess would be he forgot about writing this:
Skip ahead to somebody else please. Good luck with the swap, I'll probably read the results at some point

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 04-08-13 05:02 AM EDT (US)     98 / 131       
Neh, I just continued playing after my first and only term (ending with capture of Capua), so just for myself. I tend to want to see how I would do compared to strategies of other generals.

So to be clear, Alex is the one who is playing the real swap game, I just thought I could share the results of my private continuation of a previous save of the swap.

The britons and egyptians are going to be a pain in the ass for you, in my save egypt has already taken out armenia. The britons lack phalanx however, so they shouldn't be too hard to beat. Warbands and chariots tend to die quickly at spearpoints.

[This message has been edited by Thompsoncs (edited 04-08-2013 @ 06:16 AM).]

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 04-08-13 07:21 AM EDT (US)     99 / 131       
Well, in the swap the Germans rule modern Germany and half of Gaul, while the Armenians are still alive. If anyone is interested, I can provide a picture of the map and the statistics...

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 04-08-13 09:16 AM EDT (US)     100 / 131       
Okay, I was getting confused for a moment there. I've passed on the save to Bulba Khan.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames