IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » How do you invade Tsushima in FOTS?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you invade Tsushima in FOTS?
vaalen
Ashigaru
posted 03-04-13 06:39 PM EDT (US)         
I am really enjoying FOTS. But there is one great frustration.

As the Shimazu, I am constantly pestered by pro shogun fleets from Tsushima. After I defeat them, I want to invade the island and end this annoying clan.

I load an army on the fleet, sail it up to the island, and try to right click somewhere, anywhere, but my troops will not land. I have sent my loaded fleet to the port, but found my self unable to click on the greyed out invade port button.

Any ideas?
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-05-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Can you land your army anywhere on the beach beside the port at all? It is only a small beach but, if I remember my last playthrough correctly, you should be able to land an army there if nothing is blocking your way. You quite likely may have to mouse around the beach until you find somewhere the game accepts as appropriate though.

It certainly should be possible as you can witness in this video from 15:30 onward, visual aid.

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 03-05-2013 @ 09:55 AM).]

vaalen
Ashigaru
posted 03-05-13 04:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I was unable to land my army on the beach, which I carefully moused over. But I was able to attack the port.

Next turn, after the port attack succeeded as black smoke rose from the port, I was able to land an army on the beach near the port. Apparently the port defenses prevented the landing, but a landing is possible once they are destroyed.

Thanks for your help, which enabled me to find a solution.
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-06-13 01:26 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Ah yes I forgot about the effects of port defenses upon the ability to land troops nearby. Glad you managed to figure out the problem in the end though.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 03-06-13 02:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I got quite stumped by this in my FOTS campaign, I think it's just a limit to prevent you invading and landing troops on the port in too short a timeframe - but it's not well explained in/by the game. I don't think you need to destroy the defences (I could easily be wrong) but you do need to move into the port's zone of attack and wait a turn before landing.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames