IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » Economic advancements- which ones do the most?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Economic advancements- which ones do the most?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 06-20-12 05:07 PM EDT (US)         
I've mostly gone down the economics in my RotS campaign, and I assumed that the farm-enabling technologies would give me the edge. However, I've just researched one which gives me 20% off "admin costs", of which I'm not quite sure how bit it is, and suddenly I seemed to get an extra 1K-per-turn in the bank. Rather surprising.

Anyone else got any thoughts on economics?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 06-23-12 02:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
It depends on the size of your domain, but as a general rule the larger your domain the more Admin Efficiency will matter. Research Arts which boost your town development, trade tariffs, and tax rate will have more of an impact when Admin (In)Efficiency is low. The higher Admin (In)Efficiency is the more income you miss out on due to the inefficiency of bureaucracy. Now I am not sure whether it takes a cut out of your total income or each settlement's income, but either way high Admin (In)Efficiency can devour potential income.

On a different economic matter, in longer campaigns growing your economy can be better then going for upfront wealth increases. So lets say we play a Shogun 2 campaign as the Hojo until the turn limit. Having low taxes and buildings which encourage additional Town Growth will in the long run net you more income per turn then having normal (or higher) taxes and going for buildings which offer straight up settlement wealth increases.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames