IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » Reinstalling Shogun?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Reinstalling Shogun?
Lost Knight
Ashigaru
(id: huntforcollossus)
posted 06-08-12 07:31 PM EDT (US)         
So i was thinking of reinstalling the game, and i was wondering: how much data would it take now? I have the game disc so can install from that, but how much would there be from patches? I have a fair bit of hard drive space, so i was thinking of reinstalling the game, i uninstalled it a while ago to make space that i didn't need after all.

Thanks chaps.

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 06-08-12 11:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Well if you are planning on installing from a Total War: Shogun 2 disc then you will in all likelihood be looking at roughly a nine gigabyte patch download, to patch your game up to compatibility and multiplayer integration with the Fall of the Samurai stand-alone expansion.

If you have a Fall of the Samurai disc then, I can only guesstimate, you would only be looking at a one gigabyte patch, at the worst. Since you would only need to download any patches that have come out post the release of Fall of the Samurai, since all other required data would presumably already be on the disc.

Hope that helps, and if you do decided to proceed then the wait will be worth it. Also, if you do not yet own the Fall of the Samurai expansion yet then when you do buy it you will not have to install much data, if any, since you will have already downloaded it in the previously stated massive patch for Total War: Shogun 2.

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 06-08-2012 @ 11:59 PM).]

Lost Knight
Ashigaru
posted 06-09-12 03:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I don't own the fall of the samurai expansion, and i'm not really sure that i would get it, i'm not the pc gamer i used to be.

I have around 34 GB free left on my hard drive, would that be fine?

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 06-10-12 03:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
You should be fine by roughly about five to six gigabytes, if not more. Checked the size of my Shogun 2 folder and it is roughly 30 gigabytes, but yours might be smaller since I've got a couple of mods installed as well.
Lost Knight
Ashigaru
posted 06-10-12 09:25 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Ah good, i shall think about it. Will have some free time now that school's finished.

Lost Knight
Ashigaru
posted 06-13-12 04:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Well...

I reinstalled it fine, but in 2 hours of playing it it had crashed twice. I finally gave up after it made my laptop blue screen at the end of a battle.

I guess i'll wait till i have a newer PC.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames