IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » And this is why I hate Steam!
Bottom
Topic Subject:And this is why I hate Steam!
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 04-30-12 11:38 PM EDT (US)         
Just trying to reinstall Shogun 2 and after installing from the disk i find out i still need to download 10gig of data before i can even play the damned game! This will take me like a month or 2 to have a enough internet data available not to incovinence my family!! GRRRRR!!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 05-02-12 11:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Due to the nature of how Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai are integrated in multiplayer unfortunately, even without Steam, such a large patch when re-installing the game from disk is necessary. If you had have been re-installing the game from a recent working backup of the game's data then there either wouldn't have been a patch needed at all, or only a small patch would need to be applied if any updates had taken place since the game's data was backed up. Company of Heroes can have the same issue and that isn't even a Steamworks game.

Just keeping a simple copy and paste of the Shogun 2 directory somewhere safe to paste back in the Steam folder if reinstalling does the job, though I use the Steam Backup tool personally since it is fairly easy to use.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames