IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » I can't find my replays folder...
Bottom
Topic Subject:I can't find my replays folder...
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 03-25-12 06:44 PM EDT (US)         
And when I look at "battle replays" in the actual game, I don't see any replays. I look in /TheCreativeAssembly, but all I see is "Rome - Total War."

I'm extremely frustrated, I have some awesome freakin' replays that I want to show to my friends!!

00DATACOMPILED11 11 COMMANDERVIDEOENGAGE1--MISSIONREQUEST1--PERSONALINFORMATIONPLEASE11 11 CANNOTDO1NOPERSONALINFORMATIONAVAILABLE11 11 COMMANDERVIDEODISENGAGE1--THECOMMANDER1
AuthorReplies:
Zsmart one
Ashigaru
posted 03-25-12 09:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
the files are probably in steam folder
so i'd look steam>steam apps>common>Shogun2 total war
should be floating around there maybe
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 03-25-12 09:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I have looked there, too. I saved the replays, they must exist somewhere! Please help!

00DATACOMPILED11 11 COMMANDERVIDEOENGAGE1--MISSIONREQUEST1--PERSONALINFORMATIONPLEASE11 11 CANNOTDO1NOPERSONALINFORMATIONAVAILABLE11 11 COMMANDERVIDEODISENGAGE1--THECOMMANDER1
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-25-12 10:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Were these replays saved before or after Fall of the Samurai was released? It is possibly that the release of the new patch and Fall of the Samurai has made earlier replays pre-FotS incompatible with the current version of the game and unplayable (ergo why they do not appear).
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 03-25-12 11:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
After Fots was released. In fact, I saved all the replays TODAY. I saved the replays, but then would be able to see them in the list, and I can't find te data folder with the replays. Please help.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-26-12 01:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Interesting that the replays aren't showing up. It is weird considering mine are showing up at the moment. Replays are located in the hidden AppData folder (Vista/Win 7, no idea about XP but likely) just like save games and other data is. So once you go in to Folder Options and make hidden folder visible you'll want to look for Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/replays.

Hopefully it is not a case of your replays not saving properly, making them invalid (or not saved at all). Since your replays should show up otherwise, hopefully looking in the replays folder might give you an answer.
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 03-26-12 03:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
Scipii, I love you. I looked in my roaming, and I found the replays in the folder for replays in Shogun. Thank you so sincerely, I honestly do appreciate the help. If I could give you some sort of karma or something like on other forums, I certainly would. Once again, thank you.

Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 03-31-12 01:51 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Is their a way to convert it so it can play on the desktop?
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 03-31-12 04:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
I don't thinks so.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 04-01-12 00:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
I do not think someone has devised a way to convert replay files in to watchable media files yet, though that would be interesting and handy. That said it probably wouldn't hurt to browse TWC's Shogun 2 community developed tools, since the community does create some good tools at times.

I do not remember seeing something like that though, so a bit of a search and hope.
Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 04-01-12 08:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
I doubt it, the replay isn't really a video.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames