IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » question about the shogunate and realm divide...
Bottom
Topic Subject:question about the shogunate and realm divide...
bmlinsey
Ashigaru
posted 01-03-12 11:26 AM EDT (US)         
im playing the Mori, and i have captured about 15 regions, so realm divide is close.. my question is, can i keep the shogunate happy by paying them tributes of money and things like that? my goal is to keep them happy until i have finished conquering the island where the chosokabe are, and having a little extra time to build up my economy and more armies. any helpful hints to prolong the realm divide from happening?
AuthorReplies:
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 01-03-12 05:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Sorry, but I am pretty sure that you are unable to do that. You can't appease the shogunate in such way, but I do know that there are 3 provinces on Shikoku (Plus one, on a smaller island) and that would leave you to 19 provinces, which, depending on what you do, could leave you JUST about at the brink of the realm divide. Either way, if I were in your position, I would begin training multiple armies. If you captured Kyushu, one army there, and army to move the the north (east on the campaign map) and an army for Honshu. If you go ahead and you take Shikoku, then I wouldn't make an army for that, but make decent, or perhaps more than decent garrisons for the provinces there. Remember that the realm divide is no joke, and can absolutely destroy you. Don't make rash decisions, as it can kill you, and keep your borders strong, and the waters clear. The advantage of the Mori is that they can make quite strong fleets, allowing you to take control, and keep the trading nodes. Those are very powerful to have, but remember that you won't be able to trade to anyone if they are all enemies, so I recommend 1 market in each province. Have fun, and good luck, bro!

00DATACOMPILED11 11 COMMANDERVIDEOENGAGE1--MISSIONREQUEST1--PERSONALINFORMATIONPLEASE11 11 CANNOTDO1NOPERSONALINFORMATIONAVAILABLE11 11 COMMANDERVIDEODISENGAGE1--THECOMMANDER1
bmlinsey
Ashigaru
posted 01-03-12 08:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
i currently own the island where the Shimazu start out,minus 2 regions. the chosokabe island minus the little island off the eastern coast, and the section directly behind my starting location. i have 17 regions. i have about 3 full samurai/monk armies, and about 2 ashigaru armies, minus my town garrisons. i am allies with the shogunate, so if i keep paying him tribute, he should stay relaxed while i build my economy and maybe another army or two.
brianiangoodman
Ashigaru
posted 01-04-12 02:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
As I said in my other post under the other topic about Realm Divide is that the whole campaign should be spent planning for the eventuality of Realm Divide, for it is the final showdown of Shogun 2.

If you want to know more, read my other post. It is the fourteenth post to the Realm Divide topic in this forum.

Golden Rules of Compainging:
1. It's the Economy
2. Controlled Expansion
3. Keeping Momentum
StevenO
Ashigaru
posted 01-06-12 06:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
A funny thing. Realm Divide can happen and you don't always go to war with the Shogun. I've had that happen when I've been allied with the Shogun but the problem is that it does nothing to slow the RD penalty to relationships and eventually you'll lose that ally and need to take over Kyoto if you want to win the game.
Genghis_Khan1
Ashigaru
posted 01-16-12 10:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Unfortunately, the realm divide will always happen when your clan fame reaches legendary. A good way to prepare for it is to plan early on where to stop expanding just before you trigger it. In an ideal scenario, you will have expanded to an easily defensible location like a chokepoint and not at war with anyone else just before realm divide. This will give you time to build up your economy and armies further to prepare for it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames