IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » Fall of the Samurai....WOOOOW!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Fall of the Samurai....WOOOOW!
AFF92
Ashigaru
posted 12-02-11 04:38 PM EDT (US)         
So I have been away from Shogun 2 for a few months. I have used most of my free computer time to play the new Battlefield 3 instead.

But I decided to check back today and see a host of content. The Hattori DTC is finally here, very nice indeed. I'm not sure what to make of the crazy-looking blood mod. Perhaps if it was toned down a bit I would be more inclined to buy it. For now it seems very over-the-top,

Finally, I see this "Fall of the Samurai" DLC is coming in March. A host of content, such as having diplomatic relations with European powers. Gatling guns, heavy weaponry, ironclads, etc. The list goes on! There was even a rumor there is a FPS mode for the artillery, which I don't know yet. Anyways, sea battles can now take place at ports (which can fire back with coastal guns) and ships can bombard campaign targets. Also, artillery can be called in from ship cannons. WOW! What a find!

TAD ROX
AuthorReplies:
Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 12-16-11 09:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
I personally am really excited. I really hope that the US will be playable.
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 12-18-11 03:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I really want to get this really badly, I'm without a doubt asking for it for my birthday! I wonder how the blood mod and the Gatlin Guns would be combined, or oh gosh, it would be nasty as crap if the cannons could rip holes in people... xD

00DATACOMPILED11 11 COMMANDERVIDEOENGAGE1--MISSIONREQUEST1--PERSONALINFORMATIONPLEASE11 11 CANNOTDO1NOPERSONALINFORMATIONAVAILABLE11 11 COMMANDERVIDEODISENGAGE1--THECOMMANDER1
Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 12-18-11 03:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Like in Patriot
AFF92
Ashigaru
posted 01-02-12 01:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I see NO evidence that European/US factions are playable. From what I know, you can allow certain European factions to influence your faction. They can influence your faction to the point that you can recruit European units such as British marines and gatling guns.

The call-ins for ship artillery are going to be huge in battle. Those guns were massive, and I can only imagine what that's going to do.

TAD ROX
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 01-03-12 05:24 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Yeah, it could be a definite game changer for massive guns to be able to take out units... Freaking awesome game. By the way, I think that the whole point is that you are as a European power, and you are getting rid of the Samurai, if so, then that's not too realistic, but I am pretty sure that you are able to play as some European powers. Also, there are 6 new clans that you can play as.

00DATACOMPILED11 11 COMMANDERVIDEOENGAGE1--MISSIONREQUEST1--PERSONALINFORMATIONPLEASE11 11 CANNOTDO1NOPERSONALINFORMATIONAVAILABLE11 11 COMMANDERVIDEODISENGAGE1--THECOMMANDER1
AFF92
Ashigaru
posted 01-03-12 08:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
6 new playable clans
Play as a clan supporting the Imperial throne, or the last Shogunate:
Shogunate clans: Aizu, Nagaoka, Jozai
Imperial clans: Choshu, Satsuma, Tosa

New foreign powers
The American, British and French nations played an important part in the story of the Boshin war and your relations with these foreign powers will be integral to unit recruitment and to advancing your technology trees.
This is from Steam

TAD ROX

[This message has been edited by AFF92 (edited 01-03-2012 @ 08:36 PM).]

Patpat
Ashigaru
posted 01-26-12 11:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
the game set in the war that lead to Meiji Restoration. The Imperial clan fought under the emperor, while the other fought for the Tokogawa Shogunate. Its a civil war

not again...
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 02-01-12 02:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
One has to wonder if the 20 unit per army limit has been raised, or if you can now bring multiple armies in to battle like way back in Rome: Total War, since this picture shows something like 30+ unit cards all under one player's control on the UI. More pictures available on EuroGamer (German version).

Also, if people do not mind listening to some German here is some gameplay footage from Fall of The Samurai filmed by GameStar. What I wouldn't give for some English language coverage showing off similar cool things.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames