IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » i have a confession
Bottom
Topic Subject:i have a confession
srlj3721
Ashigaru
posted 11-04-11 07:14 PM EDT (US)         
i am deeply shamed i have had the game since 3 weeks after realese and have not actually fought in realm divide the only campagin i have completed is simazu and even then i just betralyed my ally and took all of their provinces i admit it i am a dishourable fiend its just the thought of 10 or so army marching towards me sacres me... and my income allways drops like a stone

confession 2 i hear all these people with incomes like 5000 whlie my best is 3569 i unforutnetly am horrible at waiting i always tell myself wait 20 turns increase your income but i am an expanisionest and alaways take new land and make people hate me(hey its a gift of annoyingness in which i am deeply skiled)

so please i nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddd help
AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 11-05-11 09:50 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
To improve my economy I like to focus heavily on farms and the arts that upgrade them. The good thing about farms is that unlike trade they don't depend on other clans to generate income, so it won't drop when the Realm Divide hits.

Also, farms work really well in the long term because they generate food. Your global food surplus is added to the all your region's wealth every turn, so building one farm will give +1 town wealth per turn across all your regions. Over the course of a campaign this builds a large amount of region wealth. Since taxes are based on region wealth, you'll gain more tax income each turn.

Surviving the realm divide is a matter of preparation. Building farms is a part of this. Another is making sure you have an easily defendable position. Position a navy on both sides of Japan, or between the islands if you're in the south.

On land, find one or two bottlenecks: a bridge, a narrow passage in the mountains, anything that makes it impossible for armies to go around you. Put one or two full stack armies on each chokepoint. Don't forget to add a monk to increase morale. Having a ninja nearby to sabotage armies and assassinate generals is also recommended.

Now when the realm divide hits, the other clans will come at you. Rule #1: don't panic. Rule #2: Hold your position. Rule #3: Don't panic. Just hold your ground, fending off any armies that come at you. Don't try to go on the offensive just yet; let your enemies wear themselves out first. When the attacks become fewer and weaker you can go on the offensive and eliminate the weakened clans until your reach Kyoto.

Hussarknight
Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 11-07-11 08:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
You should not feel that bad I got this game during the release week and I have not finished a campaign. But, for econ I would usually rely on trade in the early campiagn so I can construct farms and armies. Since I have not gone through the realm divide I cannot give any advice betond that. Someone should write an article on surviving the Realm Divide.
bmlinsey
Ashigaru
posted 12-16-11 09:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
i always build up my farms, ports, everything. and it never really helps to much for me when realm divide hits.. i get screwed.. my vassals get wiped out quick, which lets their armies flank me. guess ill try again after i fix my steam account
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 12-18-11 03:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I used to play a lot of Age of Empires, and normally when you play that game, you focus like hell on your economy, and then you have a lot of money to produce military. Now, in Age of Empires, military upkeep did not exist, however the same rules apply for economy, at least how I play. A mistake I see a lot of new players making is when they begin playing, they make a lot of military units, but they don't focus on economy, and this is a horrible idea, as you have no money to ball back on, and many people go bankrupt. Now, i'v thankfully never gone bankrupt in Shogun, but from what I have heard, when you go bankrupt, men begin deserting, and this is obviously very bad... So yeah, if I had a tip, focus on economy. As per focusing on economy, focus on trying to get trade with people, because trade in Shogun is basically the most important and best way to get money in the early game, because making yourself a self-sustained infastructure is very difficult, and takes many turns. I only do it before the realm divide. Hope you enjoy shogun, and good luck, and may your clan have honor for many thousands of years.

00DATACOMPILED11 11 COMMANDERVIDEOENGAGE1--MISSIONREQUEST1--PERSONALINFORMATIONPLEASE11 11 CANNOTDO1NOPERSONALINFORMATIONAVAILABLE11 11 COMMANDERVIDEODISENGAGE1--THECOMMANDER1
Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 12-19-11 03:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Same here. I personally always boomed. But, I never won due to my econ concentration.
Genghis_Khan1
Ashigaru
posted 01-16-12 10:23 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I found that harder difficulties don't give me the leisure of building up my economy at a relaxing pace. But if you're playing normal, you should be able to do so. Early on, just churn out lots of cheap ashigarus and swarm the enemy before they grow too strong. These early captured settlements will then give you more money to upgrade your armies to more costly but powerful units. And if you want to avoid the dishonour penalty of betraying an ally, don't form an alliance unless you are certain you will not attack in that direction until almost realm divide.
srlj3721
Ashigaru
posted 02-25-12 04:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
well im approaching victory in my second campagin i finally(with a lot of advice) relised what i needed.....
a strong base i have 4 super provinces all capale of producing and suppling armys each (strong armys too i might add) i am the date clan i have crushed the 2 of the strongest clans(hojo and takada) am allied with a tthrid(ikko-ikki) and there are only 6 other clans on the map(hattorai green guys on shikkoku, chosakbe, sojo, mori, shoui or ouchi one of the 2) exculding my 3 vassels it is also post realm divide which added to the fact i abandoned dipolmacy ages ago means everyone even my allies hate me i have 3 strong armys and have draged the ikko ikki into war with every one so they will get pummled and ill clean up after. am hoping not to many armys are going to attack me as everyone also hates everyone else(so were all having fun) but considering the size of the clans that might not happen

on a side note the hattori lost thier CAPITAL to rebllion intresting
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames