IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » Campaign Map Fog
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign Map Fog
Sean951
Ashigaru
posted 09-30-11 11:50 PM EDT (US)         
I bought the game shortly after launch, and it has played just fine since then. But I recently but the DLC during the recent Steam sale, and now the campaign map has a "fog" that makes all the colors washed out. It also effects old save files, and while it doesn't do anything to gameplay, it makes it incredibly annoying. Has anyone else had this issue, or know how to fix it?

I posted this in the bug section as well, since these forums seem rather inactive.
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 10-01-11 11:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Wouldn't happen to have a screenshot to help describe the situation would you? Just to see if other people are getting the same amount of fog on the campaign map. Can't say I've seen a noticeable increase in the fog on the campaign map so it may be a bug.

As for fixing it I am not sure what you could do, but the first thing you might want to try is adjusting your graphics settings to see if it makes any difference. Failing that you may also want to try the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' function on Steam, you may or may not be accidentally have a missing or corrupted file causing the issue.
Sean951
Ashigaru
posted 10-02-11 02:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       

This is what I mean. I can get a better one if you need. I've looked through all the graphics options, and nothing worked.
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 10-02-11 03:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Hm... yes that is some quite weirdly prolific fog on the campaign map. I can't offer a solution at the moment but hopefully I may turn up something while reading if other people encountered and solved the issue.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10-02-11 06:14 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Looking at the screenshot, it looks like your Gamme & Brightness settings have been altered. Try adjusting them via the game's menu.

Hussarknight
Sean951
Ashigaru
posted 10-02-11 12:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
I tried messing with them, and it kind of helped, but there I'm not sure what the defaults are.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10-04-11 03:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
There aren't any defaults for gamma and brightness settings; how you should adjust them depends entirely on your monitor and personal preference. Just play around with them until you get something you like.

Hussarknight
Sean951
Ashigaru
posted 10-04-11 10:22 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
There aren't any defaults for gamma and brightness settings; how you should adjust them depends entirely on your monitor and personal preference. Just play around with them until you get something you like.
At the best, I managed to get the colors to stand out a little more, but the frame around the buttons became almost black.
Sean951
Ashigaru
posted 10-05-11 08:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       

This is the settings the game opened with.

This is the "best" I've gotten.

I'm getting very tempted to try and re install it to see if that makes a difference.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10-06-11 03:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
That first pic looks ok to me. Are you also having problems with colours in other applications? If so you should calibrate your monitor. (Start » Control Panell » Display » Calibration).

Hussarknight
BlacKninghtJane
Ashigaru
posted 05-23-16 12:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
hey, i've been trying to figure out how to make the fog be like someone took a brush and ink and drew all the provinces but i don't know how to do it i don't know if i should already have it or if its a mod so please help me
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames