IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » Hero Units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hero Units
Latinium
Ashigaru
posted 04-22-11 06:09 PM EDT (US)         
Just thought Id strt a thread on these

Hero Units
What are your thoughts on them ?

Do you use them?

How do you get them?

Do you think they are overpowered?

Any cool storys you have of them ?
AuthorReplies:
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-23-11 05:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I have fought against them in multiplayer and don't think they're anything special. They are too expensive and have very few numbers.

I have tried them out in custom battles and they die easily. Since they only have 20 in each unit, one cavalry charge kills them (Except the Yari Hero).

I think they aren't worth the money.
Matador09
Ashigaru
posted 04-23-11 10:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
So has anyone gotten the legendary force achievement yet? I've yet to even build a hero unit, much less an entire army
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-24-11 03:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
So has anyone gotten the legendary force achievement yet? I've yet to even build a hero unit, much less an entire army
You don't need an entire army of hero units, if you have one or two plus your general you can go beat some small army with a few ashigaru.

Hussarknight
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 05-04-11 05:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Do you have to use the hero units in the campaign or can you get the achievement from custom battles?
dylboy009
Ashigaru
posted 05-09-11 03:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
I had a hero in campain (Kanta hero). They can turn the battle sometimes. I think you can only have one hero at a time though.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-10-11 09:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Anyone else got heroes in a campaign? I haven't gotten that far before finishing the campaign yet, is it worth going for it?

Hussarknight
Matador09
Ashigaru
posted 05-10-11 12:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
They are pretty good. The archer hero hits on about 80% of their shots every volley. They decimate stationary positions.

The katana hero can also take on 2 units at a time fairly easily.
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 05-10-11 03:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
I had the whole of Japan under my control except that little island near the top. I needed them for experiments.

I trained all the Heroes and with my best general sent them off to the packed island. They are invincible. I had my Katana Hero under archer fire for a whole 20 seconds and only recieved 1 casualty, I actually won in the end against the full stack! But I don't like them, they may be strong but they seem a bit cocky or something...
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-16-11 10:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I just got my first hero unit, the Yari Hero. Let's see how good they are!

Hussarknight
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 05-16-11 11:15 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Hehe, they are very overpowered. Make sure to check their stats, they have 40+ Moral!

EDIT: I think I should stop writing so much on S2H, because all the sub-forums have my name beside it "Last post... Liam_the_Spartan"

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 05-16-2011 @ 11:22 AM).]

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-17-11 03:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Hmm, there's an allied army close to them made up of almost exclusively cavalry. Should be fun if I attack them How many katana cavalry would it take to defeat a Yari Hero?

Hussarknight
Yade
Ashigaru
posted 08-29-18 08:03 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
I unlocked the “Legendary Force” achievement after a single player custom battle. My general and bow cavalry hero defeated an enemy general.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames