IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Campaign & General Discussion » Consumes food
Bottom
Topic Subject:Consumes food
Sir Ran Harder
Ashigaru
posted 03-18-11 09:49 AM EDT (US)         
Does anybody know if the consumes food number is each turn or just a one off whilst you are constructing the particular building? I havea limited supply, and do not want to run into food shortages by adding to buildings that will run my supplies down.
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-18-11 10:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
It is not a one off payment in food but a constant consumption of food. Say you have a farm that produces one "Food". If you construct a Market it will consume the food produced by your farm, while the market continues to exist (demolish it and you get that food back). Which means if you want to build anything else that consumes the food resource you need to get more food, usually by upgrading your farming infrastructure.

TL;DR - It is each turn.
Sir Ran Harder
Ashigaru
posted 03-18-11 10:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Shame, thats what I was afraid of. I already have my farms to the highest level I can.

Thanks Scipii
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-18-11 10:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I always avoid upgrading unimportant castles for that reason: extra food. Each unit of food surplus in your clan adds +1 to town wealth growth which will earn you a lot of money in the long run.

Hussarknight
Warguppy
Ashigaru
posted 11-17-11 12:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I just got this game last night so I'm currently climbing its (seemingly) steep learning curve. What about armies and food consumption? Do they consume food as well?

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 11-17-11 02:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
They do not. I believe only the castle and market progressions consume food.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 11-17-11 02:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Castles and Markets consume food, farms and some technologies produce food. Your global food surplus is added to the town wealth of all your regions every turn (or deducted if negative), so keeping surplus high ensures economic growth in the long term.

Hussarknight
Warguppy
Ashigaru
posted 11-17-11 02:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Okay, thanks for the fast replies on that!

Life was much easier before I developed a sense of ethics.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames