IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies, Closed
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Sepia Joust VII- The Way It Never Was Voting Scroll
Bottom
Topic Subject:Sepia Joust VII- The Way It Never Was Voting Scroll
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 10-02-13 01:23 AM EDT (US)         
The Kalends have passed, and with the closing of the day, the Sepia Joust closes its lists.

Two tales stand in judgment.

Upon this scroll, thou may place thy words in support of only one. Please remember to use this scroll only for voting- discussions and the like are for the Discussion scroll.

This scroll will remain open for three weeks before closing.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 10-03-2013 @ 12:57 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 10-03-13 07:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I plop my vote down for General Sajaru.

His choice of time period was inspired, recent enough to be vivid in the imaginations of most yet far enough away from the present to be considered historic. Atop the choice, the tale was well told, which is a pre-requisite for a champion.

His choice of viewpoint was also quite good, providing insight to the thoughts and motives of those performing the actions, which otherwise would have to be gleaned from those actions or inferred from dialogue. Most of those methods would miss that valuable insight, which makes this a particularly good viewpoint if one can pull it off- which the Gen'ral did well.

Well done!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 10-03-2013 @ 01:00 PM).]

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 10-04-13 01:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I shall cast my vote for Terikel.

He wove a tale full of vivid description and detail about an interesting event. The characterization was excellent as well.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 10-06-13 02:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
My vote must go to Terikel's tale, because it had Romans and Barbarians in it.

However, because General's tale was also excellent, I wish to forfeit my double skaldic vote and have this post tally only one point.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 10-06-13 04:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
My vote goes to.......... Terikel's story. It had Romans (my second most favourite time period), an interesting plot and the classic Terikel style. General's story was told from a completely different viewpoint and was also intriguing, showing the character's doubts and disgust at the measures he had to take, but I had to make a very hard decision...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 10-22-13 05:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I must give my vote to General's tale. I enjoy it, the time period and its unique perspective.

I must also give Terikel a congratulations for his masterful tale as well. It was a hard choice- with both great submissions.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames