IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » New swap story?
Bottom
Topic Subject:New swap story?
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 09-05-13 07:12 PM EDT (US)         
Those of you who have been here for some time - er, that is, pretty much everyone I think - may remember that a few years ago the Chief Bard himself came up with the fantastic idea of a swap story - like our relatively irregular swap games, but, obviously, a story.

This swap story was a bit of alternate-historical fiction set in a quasi-Roman Empire, and it was called Roma Victrix. A revival was suggested a few months later but never took off; a long time later we did something a bit similar here.

Now I realise those serious storytellers among us are currently mostly involved in the Sepia Joust - and a lot of others are just going back to school/college/uni after a long break; I do not want to embark on anything that consumes too much of anyone's time, I would prefer a more casual, ad lib affair. I just want to try and gauge interest in doing something similar to one of these again. If enough people are curious then I'll do some brainstorming - and we'll see what we can agree on.

Show of hands please! Thoughts, ideas, anything welcome.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09-06-13 09:37 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I would really like to see how Roma Victrix would have ended.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 09-06-13 04:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I'm not averse to picking it up again, but I think we need less control so as not to strangle ease of contribution? On the other hand of course, that does significantly sacrifice quality of structure - presumably.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 09-08-13 03:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
... well that was a very popular proposal.

I wouldn't mind doing another chapter or two of RV this month, even if it's just you and me Terikel. Would be good to try and bring it to a close... preferably with the resounding collapse of the Roman empire. I know you have other commitments...

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 09-08-2013 @ 03:45 AM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 09-08-13 06:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
I would not be able to contribute, but i will hungrily feast on any runes you both have to offer in this. Good luck!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09-09-13 02:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
From the title, Roma Victrix, it would seem that at the end of the tale, Rome herself emerged victorious.

So much for empire-busting. Any busting would have to be temporary. The trick then would be to break the empire into bits then have Rome put it back together in a conceivable and relatively realistic manner....

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 09-09-13 05:14 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Victrix could be ironic? Or, we could be all post-colonial about it... Rome acknowledges the right of her subject populations to choose their own sovereignty, thus demonstrating her moral superiority and transcendance of her own iron-written history - "victrix" in a moralistic sense?

I'm mostly kidding. Just don't have much interest in sticking the provinces back together if they come apart... all great empires must fall...

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames