IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Swooping Hawks - Rise of the Takeda
Bottom
Topic Subject:Swooping Hawks - Rise of the Takeda
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 06-08-13 12:23 PM EDT (US)         
"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

We are of Clan Takeda, we who claim dominion of Kai, we who trace our lineage back to honourable Emperor Seiwa, we who are the descendants of Clan Minamoto, we who are feared for our thunderous cavalry throughout Japan. The Ashikaga Shogunate grows feeble and unable to enforce their will, and just as the sun rises so to shall a new Shogunate be born.

It is our destiny, that of the Takeda, to regain our rightful place as the rulers of these ancient lands. Yet our ascension to the Shogunate will not go unchallenged, as our rivals foolishly plot to challenge our destiny. Honour is the life and blood of our society, and yet the pursuit of victory will do strange things to a once honourable samurai. For during the Sengoku Jidai there is no dishonour in utilising underhanded tactics when ultimately it is the victors who shall write the history of our people.

As the Hawk that soars the summer skies, we shall swoop with ferocity at our prey striking them unaware. Soon these ancient blood soaked lands shall witness the rise of the Takeda!

Contents
1. "The Tiger of Kai" Awakens!
2. The War of Murakami Aggression

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 06-11-2013 @ 02:50 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 06-08-13 02:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Woo, modern tw game aars!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 06-08-13 03:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
An Scipii AAR is something to be cherished! I like that you are playing as the Takeda.

Their cavalry are one of the best horse units in the game and the faction's main strength in their armies. Though their infantry is not as strong as their horse I am sure there will be many glorious picture of rampaging horsemen galloping to strike down their foes!

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.

[This message has been edited by Legion Of Hell (edited 06-10-2013 @ 11:13 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 06-10-13 00:54 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
So is a Scipii AAR.

Looking forward to seeing this develop.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 06-10-13 11:12 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Sorry about that, Scipii. I was wishing Afty a happy birthday in another link and got confused with what link I was on.

Edited.

General Rawlinson- This is most unsatisfactory. Where are the Sherwood Foresters? Where are the East Lancashires on the right?

Brigadier-General Oxley- They are lying out in No Man's Land, sir. And most of them will never stand again.

Two high ranking British generals discussing the fortunes of two regiments after the disastrous attack at Aubers Ridge on the 9th May 1915.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 06-10-13 11:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Looking forward to it mate, not enough Shogun 2 love around these parts.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 06-11-13 02:47 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
--- "The Tiger of Kai" Awakens! ---

"Fast like the wind,
Silent like a forest,
Intrusive like the fire,
Immobile like a mountain.
Under heaven and earth, I alone am feared."

- Takeda Shingen, "The Tiger of Kai"

Fear will do strange things to a man, as evident by this war of subjugation brought upon us by Clan Murakami. They would seek to halt our accession to the Shogunate before it has barely begun. Fear of our destiny provokes our enemy in to revealing his hand, and now we shall quickly strike it off without apprehension. Our research in to the ways of Bushido shall give us the upper hand in this most reckless war, as we improve the morale of our soldiers.

It is my duty as Takeda Shingen to command from the fore and assert my legitimacy as Daimyo of the Takeda. Divided from within we shall fall like the autumn leaves and wither away from these lands. It is only with the unity and ferocity of the wolf pack that we shall succeed. Loyalty is a fickle beast that shifts on a whim like the sand dunes, it must be maintained by the showing of overwhelming strength. Through the resounding defeat of the Murakami shall we deliver fear in to the hearts of our enemies, whether they lie within or abroad.

With our borders surrounded by many rivals we must ensure we strike with the swiftness of the crane lest we become entangled in debilitating wars of attrition. Through the teachings of Sun Tzu in The Art of War we know that no nation benefits from the presence of protracted war. Our stratagem shall rely not on the construction of mighty fortified castle-towns but the surprise, initiative, and mobility of our experienced cavalry. Our speed of movement shall catch our enemies deceived and unaware as we remember the wisdom of Sun Tzu; "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."

We the Takeda cannot forsake the needs of our economy during these times however, for the sinews of war are intrinsically bound to our economic power. So a balance must be struck between the growth of our economic might and our military might lest our destiny go unfulfilled due to financial ruin. It is in this interest that we shall reach out to those we can trust to establish diplomatic relations and the signing of trade agreements, so that we may augment the taxes we receive from our domains.

The season has come for us, the honourable Takeda, to march from Kai and begin our ascension to the Shogunate in Kyoto. We shall show the Murakami no weakness and appear victorious from the ashes of this foolish war!

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 06-11-2013 @ 05:23 AM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 06-11-13 03:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
A very interesting start! I have yet to play as this clan yet, I will be eager for a few tips!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 06-11-13 05:21 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Agreed- a very good start. Looking forward to how this goes.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 06-12-13 05:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I've never actually played as the Takeda, avoiding them because I'm a Uesugi fan and I wind up fighting them in damn near every other campaign I play.

Show me some screenies as you progress mate. How often do you anticipate updates?

A f t y

A A R S

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 06-14-13 02:17 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Once I settle upon a writing style for my gameplay updates the current idea is to update each free day I have. At the moment the updates should cover one or two game turns, depending on the action on offer. Might seem a bit sparse but it gives me the time and space to elaborate on the decisions and dilemmas of each turn. It is also more likely to see me keep interest in updating and playing the AAR due to the quicker turn around compared to multiple turns at the same detail level.

Hopefully, I shall have an update of Spring 1545 A.D tonight or tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 06-14-2013 @ 03:16 AM).]

Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 06-14-13 10:48 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Looking forward to it

A f t y

A A R S

abeeha
Ashigaru
posted 08-03-13 00:19 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
It can happen, but the AI usually takes its time so especially if you can do decent stretches by sea you should have a fighting chance - perhaps don't get too excited if you join on the tenth possible turn after lots of other factions joined early on.

ABEEHA
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames