IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.40 replies, Sticky
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Forum Guidelines (No Plagiarism)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Forum Guidelines (No Plagiarism)
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 09-10-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)         
Since an embarassing episode between RTWH and another Heaven, the staff have agreed to institute an official policy.

In any stories posted in this forum, if they are found to be plagiarized the author will be punished in regards to the amount of stories plagiarized.

What constitutes plagiarism (otherwise known as "stealing stories"?

1. Directly copying a story from another site that is not your own.
  2. A story so similar to another original idea that it can only be plagiarized.
  3. Taking segments of another story and incorporating them, word from word, into your own.

The thread will be left open so that questions may be asked.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 04-10-2009 @ 06:58 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emperor Augustus
Ashigaru
posted 09-11-06 02:29 AM EDT (US)     1 / 40       
What is the punishment for a single offence? A X-long ban?

And what if two stories sound really really similar purely by chance?

EDIT: Lol..I wrote ban twice..

[This message has been edited by Emperor Augustus (edited 09-11-2006 @ 02:30 AM).]

aznninjahitman
Ashigaru
posted 09-11-06 10:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 40       
What story was this?

我送你離開 千里之外 你無聲黑白
沈默年代 或許不該 太遙遠的相愛
我送你離開 天涯之外 你是否還在
琴聲何來 生死難猜 用一生 去等待

As Water on Rock
Argo
Ashigaru
posted 09-11-06 11:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40       
You know, Crazed, if you want me to stop writing stories just say so. Why go to all this fuss?

Ewoks...first they ruin RotJ, now this. When will their reign of terror subside?!

(J/k, this is a good thing for everyone to read, thank you)

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"

"Sometimes, a view from sinless eyes,
Centers our perspective and pacifies our cries..."

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 09-13-06 02:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 40       
Haha, Argo.

@Augustus: Most of this will be determined on a case-by-case basis. There is no singular answer I can give, but it will probably start out as a warning.

@hitman: They were several stories by The Sheep Killer.

Undefeatable
Ashigaru
posted 09-13-06 03:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40       
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 09-15-06 02:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40       
All of them. They're hidden now, though.

Undefeatable
Ashigaru
posted 09-15-06 02:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40       
What?!? Seriously, all of them, mine, Emp's, Aznn's, EoJ's and so on? Someone just copied them all, and posted them as his or hers??

Gaius and Hell3ent: This act is pitifully dishonourable.

D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 09-15-06 03:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 40       
No.

All of the Sheep Killer's stories. That is to say he plagarised all the stories that he posted.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
Emperor Augustus
Ashigaru
posted 09-16-06 09:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 40       
I think we figured that out. Someone made a huge topic here about it pointing out how each one was totally different from others.
Lorentius Vadis
Ashigaru
posted 09-18-06 03:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40       
I have just learned that Sheep Killer, under the name Chinchilla General stole my 'Seven Warriors' story, word for word, and posted it at Total Rome, adding his own moronic comments at the top of some chapters. To say that I am angry would be an understatement. Castration would be too good for the ...(expletive deleted).

ATTACK! This is Total War, not Total Wary!
Argo
Ashigaru
posted 09-18-06 04:01 PM EDT (US)     11 / 40       
Wow, suckola. In a way it's a form of flattery, but like all flattery, should be punished with the flaying of flesh and the roasting of his family (before his eyes preferrably, if they haven't yet been plucked).

I wonder who else he's ripped off?

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"

aznninjahitman
Ashigaru
posted 09-18-06 04:07 PM EDT (US)     12 / 40       
...me too...
I'm concerned... especially the earlier ones I wrote... because they got really stupid or lacked the inspiration I can bring to a short story...

我送你離開 千里之外 你無聲黑白
沈默年代 或許不該 太遙遠的相愛
我送你離開 天涯之外 你是否還在
琴聲何來 生死難猜 用一生 去等待

As Water on Rock
Undefeatable
Ashigaru
posted 09-18-06 04:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 40       
Thanks D!

Hmm, makes you wonder though, how many people could have easily come on here, copied and pasted the stories elsewhere. For school even, I wouldnt doubt it.

Emperor Augustus
Ashigaru
posted 09-19-06 03:36 AM EDT (US)     14 / 40       
Grr...I am disgusted. Absoultely disgusted. That F***wit didn't even have the decency to write it in his own words.

To put a positive light on things..at least people like our stories. I'm going to redirect them here. Maybe it'll make the war stories forum more active.

Argo
Ashigaru
posted 09-19-06 03:58 AM EDT (US)     15 / 40       
So the stories are hidden now, right? Is there no link to the particular site or forum? My narcissistic curiousity demands I inquire. If someone has a link to any of this I'd love to see it; I'm interested in what was ripped off.

Emperor Augustus
Ashigaru
posted 09-19-06 04:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 40       
www.totalrome.com

Just copied and pasted. No shame at all.

KaiserWinterfeldt
Ashigaru
(id: Night_Raider)
posted 10-08-06 11:26 AM EDT (US)     17 / 40       
It's a good thing I checked into this forum today. Does anyone know if any of my stories were taken?

(`._.[ .:^:. ]._.)
O.:.O
KaiserWinterfeldt O.:.O
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(`._.[ .::. ]._.)
(`.__.)
(v)
Lorentius Vadis
Ashigaru
posted 10-08-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40       
The forum goes back to March 05; I saw my 'Seven Warriors' along with two stories by EA and one each by johndisp and Antigonus. The greasy little git also stole stories from Total Rome and posted them here. I'm not aware of any other similar sites, but this whole affair has made me reluctant to post anything else on the internet.

ATTACK! This is Total War, not Total Wary!
KaiserWinterfeldt
Ashigaru
(id: Night_Raider)
posted 10-10-06 08:54 AM EDT (US)     19 / 40       
I'm tempted to say, "Don't let that discourage you!" But I know how you feel, and I wouldn't blame you if you stopped writting [here] alltogether.

For once, I'm actually kinda glad I haven't gotten the initiative to write anything in months.

(`._.[ .:^:. ]._.)
O.:.O
KaiserWinterfeldt O.:.O
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(`._.[ .::. ]._.)
(`.__.)
(v)
Primo
Ashigaru
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 10-15-06 09:58 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40       
That kid is a complete ****ing arsehole. *spits*

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 10-16-06 03:44 AM EDT (US)     21 / 40       
Why on earth would this (insert a lot of swear words) person copy a story from you guys whose stories would obviously get published?

Can't the guy/girl make another story.

If he/she can do this. I'm scared he/she might try and copy my story. So the story The World War is mine. OK. Just want to clarify it OK.

We should find that guy/girl and bring him/her to justice.

It's only fair.

What do you think.

Greek Master
Ashigaru
posted 10-16-06 03:51 AM EDT (US)     22 / 40       
I find this rather sad. This guy is poor example of life.

Spartans do not ask how many but where they are.
Leonidas II of Sparta
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 10-16-06 04:45 AM EDT (US)     23 / 40       
This is just disgusting and pathetic. That some random SOW could steal stories from so many forumers I respect and admire and then get credit for it somewhere else makes me wanna kill them with my bare hands!!!
Sorry if that was too emotional, but I've met a lot of friends and good people here and the fact that some moronic degenerate people can take credit for their well thought and inspirational work really pisses me off.

Sorry to say this but I don't think I'll be posting any of my stories anymore. Thievery is number two on my most hated list. The first is treachery, while the third is cowardice.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 10-16-06 04:48 AM EDT (US)     24 / 40       
I agree the guy is a saddo

May he hang his head in shame

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 10-16-06 04:55 AM EDT (US)     25 / 40       
??? Saddo??? What's that???

By SOW I meant Son Of a ***** or SOW for short. May their manhoods either fall off and shrivel or their genitals be infested by parasitic worms.

Sorry for the swearing.-Dominicus

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Greek Master
Ashigaru
posted 10-16-06 05:01 AM EDT (US)     26 / 40       
Ehh, It happens what are ya gonna do? But think of it this way. The story is obviously good if he wants to plagerize it.

Spartans do not ask how many but where they are.
Leonidas II of Sparta
Legion Of Hell
Centurion
posted 10-16-06 02:28 PM EDT (US)     27 / 40       
Saddo means a sad person with nothing ahead of them.

Sorry about that. British slang LOL

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01-31-07 09:40 AM EDT (US)     28 / 40       

Quote:

Gaius and Hell3ent: This act is pitifully dishonourable.

Heh heh. Agreed.

Is there any quick way to do a check on peoples' stories? Google would be a good start I suppose. People going between the different forums would also spot the copies quickly enough.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

TotalWarFanatic
Ashigaru
posted 01-31-07 10:58 AM EDT (US)     29 / 40       
Common Dec, there will always be idiots out there, doesn't mean we need to live in mole holes. Keep writing!

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
I've put most of my units/skins and ss of them on my new site!:
http://totalwarfantic.tripod.com/
Proud winner of most underrated forumer award!
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 01-31-07 12:15 PM EDT (US)     30 / 40       
We should all do what Civus does- he puts a copyright under his stories.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 03-04-09 11:46 AM EDT (US)     31 / 40       
But we all just have to remember anyway that we are all taking the risk by posting un-copyrighted original material on the internet at all. It isn't right or anywhere near decent humanity to steal someone else's work, but there is nothing stopping people.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 01-07-2011 @ 09:16 AM).]

vampiric canniba
Ashigaru
posted 04-09-09 10:07 PM EDT (US)     32 / 40       
The thread will be left open for several days so that questions may be asked.
posted 09-10-06 06:05 PM
Shouldn't you have closed this thread several years ago?

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix

[This message has been edited by vampiric canniba (edited 04-09-2009 @ 10:09 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 04-10-09 06:59 AM EDT (US)     33 / 40       
Fair point.

Edited accordingly.

By the way, authors and HeavenGames share a copyright on whatever is posted. The author has the controlling rights; Heaven Games defends its authors.

Don't believe me? Look at the bottom of every page.

Also, American copyright laws ensure the copyright lasts for fifty years past its initial release. Our servers are in the US, so follow American laws.

Feel free to write and post.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 04-10-2009 @ 07:03 AM).]

vampiric canniba
Ashigaru
posted 04-14-09 01:36 AM EDT (US)     34 / 40       
YAY

I've been pedantic about something,someones edited something, my life is now complete!

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
masterbrett12345
Banned
posted 07-10-09 09:09 AM EDT (US)     35 / 40       
Dominicus cowirdice is third on your hated list right so you not posting your stories any more for fear of this happening wouldn't that be the same as cowardice kinda
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 07-14-09 10:59 AM EDT (US)     36 / 40       
It depends which you value more; sharing your story with as many people as possible, no matter whether you take the credit for it every time, or sharing it with a few people and making sure you get the credit. Not cowardice; an understandable if not exactly selfless sentiment.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
masterbrett12345
Banned
posted 07-14-09 11:55 AM EDT (US)     37 / 40       
I guees.
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 11-11-09 07:54 AM EDT (US)     38 / 40       
Never mind.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 01-07-2011 @ 09:06 AM).]

Yousuf0198
Banned
posted 12-14-15 11:20 PM EDT (US)     39 / 40       
Plagiarism checkers are wonderful tools to hit upon plagiarism in files. However, you need to remember the fact that they can not access password protected areas or some thing that isn't always in their databases. Try this to get all http:///www.plagiarism-checker.me
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 12-16-15 05:19 AM EDT (US)     40 / 40       
Thanks for the tip!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames