IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Total War History
Moderated by Pitt

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Total War History » Help teaching kids
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help teaching kids
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 02-07-12 10:44 AM EDT (US)         
So a teacher I'm a Teacher's Assistance for is trying to find or make an activity for her regular World History kids. The chapter they're on is Rome, and wants a hands on activity for them, and wants the activity to be on the Imperial Roman times if possibly.

I was thinking about doing something where the kids are broke up into small groups that would represent legions of the empire. They would then have to via for the role of Emperor, fighting and battling and such. Just an idea as of yet.

So, anyone have any ideas or done anything that could help me (and I mean by teacher) do this?

There are roughly 36-37 kids per class.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
AuthorReplies:
Warlod Redvig
Ashigaru
posted 02-07-12 11:10 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
A while back we had a school visit to a hill fort, we split into two groups, one being the attackers and the other defenders, we used meter rulers as swords :P Not exactly what you are on about but I hope it helps slightly. We did prety much the same thing a few years later at an old medieval castle (the first was when I was 10ish and the second was last year)
Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 02-07-12 03:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
You could hold a Senate Meeting and have them debate possible problems and then vote on it.
Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 02-07-12 06:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
You could do a kind of time commanders idea. Play multiplayer battles in pairs of two computers. 1vs1, and behind each computer a small team must think of a strategy and lead the men. Of course, best would be battles in an historic setting with before and after the battle some info on the battle.

So basically: Time commanders, but with normal rome total war multiplayer games. Probably at least many of the boys would like such history teaching. And it sure beats a textbook or the bad film material teachers often use. If you were to find any good movies about rome in that period though, that could help as well.

Some suggestions:
-HBO Rome (not really imperial, but close)
-ancient Rome, rise and fall of an empire (it's a bit dramatic, but factual enough)

Gladiator could be fun too, but I suppose everybody has already seen that at least once. The opening scene might still work though.
Ecthelion
Ashigaru
(id: p90pro)
posted 02-09-12 03:06 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Adapt a game of mafia to be more along the lines of Emperor Vs Praetorians.

Sir, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Swallow my pride? No thank you, Im too full of myself.
I bring you nothing but love and a shopping bag full of sexual depravity.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Tied with Meteora (****er) for Best Sig Award.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames