IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Land + Naval Battles
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Land + Naval Battles » levy infantry superiority
Bottom
Topic Subject:levy infantry superiority
ahdnik
Ashigaru
posted 04-18-12 08:00 AM EDT (US)         
it has occured to me that while defending castles, even levy infantry do a great job; i lost a siege battle only once and even then, i was able to exterminate every other company leaving only 2 shogitai companies which killed the remainder of my levies... an army of 20 companies containing levies, line infantry, melee infantry and cannons were nearly wiped out against my 7 levy infantry and 1 spear infatry garrison...

i want to know whether a siege battle can be won when the forces are of more or less equal strength? if so, how? from the attacker's point of view for sure

"Either appear as you are or be as you appear."
Mawlana
AuthorReplies:
Scenter102
Ashigaru
posted 04-19-12 03:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Tactics comrade, tactics.

I usually just beseige until they sully forth as to minimize casualties.

[This message has been edited by Scenter102 (edited 04-19-2012 @ 07:08 PM).]

srlj3721
Ashigaru
posted 04-20-12 02:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
i agree with scenter if besigeing wait for them to sally forth if not in a hurry

if defending i find on normal i can hold a castle (in shoun 2 oriognal) against a force twice or three times the size and quality of my force(say one samurai equals 2 ashigura) i even once with 6 yari ashigura 3 bow ashigura and 1 smaurai retainers held out agaist a 20 strong army of smaurai with swords bows and genrals

and this my friends this is without guns(rubs hands toghether and laughs crazyly)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames