IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Land + Naval Battles
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Land + Naval Battles » Admirals- do they float your boat?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Admirals- do they float your boat?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-29-11 05:54 AM EDT (US)         
I know fleets at present aren't exactly the biggest thing on everyone's mind, but everyone by now must surely be training an admiral or two just for sheer novelty.
In that case, I'm curious as to if it'd be quicker to train your admiral up by sea combat, or stick him on land, let him gain a few xp that way and stick it all into boats?
Obviously it'd depend a bit on if you're facing land or sea battles more.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
AuthorReplies:
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 03-29-11 02:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I haven't even thought of using an admiral yet.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-30-11 02:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Short answer; no.

As for levelling them up and dumping points into their naval skillset, it makes a lot of sense to do so on land. As far as I can tell there aren't too many naval battles in comparison to the number of land battles. This way you can level him up quicker and then set him as the admiral once he's accumulated all those nice bonuses.

When I play as the Mori, or even Chosokabe and Shimazu where they have a lot of water and opporunity to use their fleets I'll definitely try to get a decent admiral, but not at the cost of a good land general.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames