IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Land + Naval Battles
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Land + Naval Battles » Asu Demo Siege! Simply Amazing!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Asu Demo Siege! Simply Amazing!
AFF92
Ashigaru
posted 02-23-11 06:31 PM EDT (US)         
The last battle you are able to partake in is the Asu castle siege, perhaps one of the finest total war experiences I've had yet.

I was very happy to not only see the units I recruited, but ninjas, hero units, and cannons with me as well. Oh joy! The night battle atmosphere is something never quite achieved in any total war game to date. Simply amazing!

First off, I noticed how quickly the cannon ammo ran out as I pounded at the gates and then took out a watch tower. At first I was surprised, but then remembered that this isn't like any siege we've experienced in these games. Totally different. I then proceeded to "cap" the settlements outside of the castle and burned a few just for fun.

As I led my spearmen to climb over the walls, I had archers pummel the first courtyard to oblivion with fire arrows. The hero archers are a devastating fun new addition and rightly feared. On the side, I led my ninjas and a unit of katana samurai up next to the castle wall and ascended. Up top I was greeted with pitiful archers who were quickly killed and routed. I captured the watchtowers and surrounded the foe. It was over very quickly after that.

My point is, everything from the tactics to watching your units scale the walls (and sometimes plunge to their death from arrows ) is simply exciting. Also, units now have the option to burn gates and some buildings. Lastly, the specialized units add more strategy to the battle and give a powerful punch to the enemy.

For the first time, siege battles in a Total War game are (I'd say) better than land battles

TAD ROX

[This message has been edited by AFF92 (edited 02-23-2011 @ 06:32 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 02-24-11 02:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I was very happy to not only see the units I recruited, but ninjas, hero units, and cannons with me as well. Oh joy! The night battle atmosphere is something never quite achieved in any total war game to date. Simply amazing!
The Hero Unit looked awesome, and the cannons didn't look like I expected but the damage they wrought on the fortifications was more than welcome.
My point is, everything from the tactics to watching your units scale the walls (and sometimes plunge to their death from arrows ) is simply exciting. Also, units now have the option to burn gates and some buildings. Lastly, the specialized units add more strategy to the battle and give a powerful punch to the enemy.
I agree 100%. I was a little concerned that the siege battles would once more be the weak link for the game and to be fair there were conflicting reports from the media as to how good these ones actually are. Boy was I pleasantly surprised - even IF the AI was slightly scripted the battle was a huge amount of fun.

Infact I nearly lost the first time, were it not for my heroes and Ninjas I would've taken a bit of a beating.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Celtic Samurai
Ashigaru
posted 02-25-11 05:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I lost this battle can anyone give me some tips?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames