IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tech Help
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Tech Help » Cannot choose clan on Fall of the Samurai Loading screen
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cannot choose clan on Fall of the Samurai Loading screen
vaalen
Ashigaru
posted 02-16-13 09:33 AM EDT (US)         
I have the basic version of Shogun 2, which works perfectly.

Yet, on the same computer, I cannot choose a clan on the Fall of the Samurai loading screen.

No clan to select shows up at the top of the screen.

Clicking on a clan on the map does nothing. If I try to start the campaign, the game locks up.

Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai were legally purchased, and my computer has plenty of ram and exceeds minimum specs in all regards. Shogun 2 itself works perfectly. As both games are on steam, they are fully updated.

I do not know what to do. Can anyone help?
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 02-16-13 09:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Well since you did not say whether or not you tried the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' function I'm going to initially suggest that to see whether or not it solves the issue. Just in case you do not how to do that, you'd be surprised how many people do not, I'll run through the steps:

1. Open Steam Game Library
2. Right Click on the Total War: Shogun 2 entry, or game icon if in Icon View.
3. Click on Properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu that appears
4. In the window that then pops up click on the Local Files tab
5. In the Local File tab mouse down and click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache
6. Let it do its stuff and if it finds any files missing or corrupted it will redownload them. Note the game will always redownload the game executable so do not be alarmed if it keeps finding something to redownload with multiple checks.
7. Run the game and see if the problem persists. If the problem persists then I'll have to have a deeper think about what might be causing it and possible fixes.
vaalen
Ashigaru
posted 02-16-13 11:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Scipii, thank you. I did as you advised, following your clear instructions, and the game works perfectly.

Steam found a bad component,downloaded and installed a replacement, and it is fixed.

You are correct, I did not know about refreshing the cache, but now I do.

Thanks again,

vaalen
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames