IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tech Help
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Tech Help » Frequent Freezing
Bottom
Topic Subject:Frequent Freezing
Pope_Swagstorm
Ashigaru
posted 03-05-12 07:48 PM EDT (US)         
Ok so I just bought Shogun 2 Total War, got into the campaign as Oda and pimped around for a lil bit, went for about 14 turns with nothing wrong then BAM it froze, the game just stopped and the sound was removed, I ctrl, alt, delete to task manager to see if it was just derping hard but it said that it was working. Since then it randomly freezes exactly like that to any random trigger e.g. just initiated assault, diplomacy opens, end of turn button, Ikko-Ikki turn comes up etc. My computer handles Medieval 2, Rome and Empire Total war just fine and I believe Empire and Shogun 2 uses the same engine?

Please help I just wanna play the damned game!
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-07-12 11:30 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Best suggestion I can offer right now is to either try updating things like your graphics drivers, or rolling them back if they are the latest version, to see if that makes any difference. If the worst comes to the worst you could also try verifying the game cache on Steam or entirely reinstalling the game afresh.

Without further details about your system's configuration it is a bit hard to know whether or not it may unfortunately be some kind of hardware related bug/issue.
rickjones_12
Ashigaru
posted 03-20-12 10:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I have exactly the same problem with freezing, except it only seems to happen when I fight a land or sea battle then click on end battle. I have deleted the game from my computer and re-installed from Steam. Made no differance, this just started happening in the last week or two, I have made no changes to my computer hardware wise, have been playhing Shogun2 without a problem since it first was released. After this started happening I upgrtaded my driver (Nvidea GTX 280) and it also made no differance. Could my game have been corrupted in the steam library or something? And if so, what can I do about it?

rick
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 03-22-12 02:32 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Be handy if Shogun 2 had some kind of warnings logs to look at like Dawn of War 2. You've probably tried messing around with the graphics settings to see whether that makes any difference, not sure why it would anyway.

Not sure if there are any solutions on the other Total War forums, but there may be. Worth possibly investigating.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames