IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Tech Help
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Tech Help » Why does Steam keep downloading GBs of data??
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why does Steam keep downloading GBs of data??
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 08-25-11 04:30 PM EDT (US)         
So every time CA send out a patch, even a small one like the 50MB one 1-2 days ago, steam decides to download everything again?

If I go online after a small or big patch comes out then I regret it because my internet is slow and it will take over a week non-stop downloading. And there is no going back, I will have to download it to be able to play again.

The latest one decided to download 2464MB of data I already had. Which is annoying since if left overnight my laptop manages to download about 200MB-300MB if I'm lucky. I have had bigger ones before (8000MB I had to download last time. Took me 2-3 weeks and running up to friends house to use his internet)

I have gone into properties and changed the update option to "Do not automatically update this game", but it still does!

So has anyone got any idea as to how to fix this problem? I can't just keep downloading the whole game when I go online....

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 08-25-2011 @ 04:35 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
CommanderVideo
Ashigaru
posted 08-26-11 01:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Well, a while ago, and I don't know if I posted about it, my Ikko Ikki expansion didn't work, so I saved some back ups, and I uninstalled Shogun 2, and it literally took and entire day just to re-download. I could do nothing. I couldn't go online and watch youtube videos, nor could I play anything else on steam. It was horrid.

00DATACOMPILED11 11 COMMANDERVIDEOENGAGE1--MISSIONREQUEST1--PERSONALINFORMATIONPLEASE11 11 CANNOTDO1NOPERSONALINFORMATIONAVAILABLE11 11 COMMANDERVIDEODISENGAGE1--THECOMMANDER1
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-27-11 06:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I've no idea why it's doing that. I've never had the issue, for me it just downloads the patch. Can't really think of anything that would cause it, sorry.

Hussarknight
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 08-28-11 08:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Well it just finished downloading...
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08-31-11 04:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Congratulations Liam, you'll be delighted to hear the next patch is scheduled for tomorrow. Just kidding

Hussarknight
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 08-31-11 06:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I almost had a heart attack. Then I noticed 2 tiny little words. What are they, 4X whispered?
StevenO
Ashigaru
posted 08-31-11 07:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Although it means no multiplayer if that's your thing and also appears to mess up your achievement recognitions I'd suggest switching to the off-line mode of Steam and staying there unless you REALLY need to go back online with Steam.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 09-01-11 05:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Something which can help with Steam problems is to delete the ClientRegistry.blob file from your Steam folder. Failing that you can try deleting all files and folders from your Steam folder, except Steam.exe and the folder "userdata" and "steamapps". Steam will redownload the missing files which should cure any problems caused by errors inside the files.

Hussarknight
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames