IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Multiplayer
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Multiplayer » Your Avatar
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your Avatar
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-10-11 11:39 AM EDT (US)         
So what is your avatar like? What are his skills?

This is mine:

He has blue armour, with touches of black and red here and there. He has a giant gold thing on his back, because he's very fashionable.

My mon is red with a black tree in the middle, surrounded by purple-blue stripes.

My avatar has these traits:
Bowman.
swordsman.
Skilled leader.
Favours a balanced army.

He is level 6 and at the moment carries around these retainers:
Untrained fugu chef (-2 attack for all enemy infantry)
skilled swordsman (+1 attack for all melee infantry)
And the special retainer for our clan, to gain the extra clan points for our clan.
AuthorReplies:
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 04-11-11 02:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
Nice idea!

Those Goldfish Wings look damn cool, but I went with something a little more traditional.

My Avatar is called Tatahino, of the Kanai Clan.

My Clan's Mon is a white wheel-sort of thing with a pinky-purple colour. I like the colour scheme most of all because I haven't seen one remotely like it yet.

I switch up my Retainers quite frequently, to match what army I am deploying, but this is sort of my default 'loadout'. I don't know how the game calculates what traits to give to people, but Tatahino has;
  • Swordsman
  • Physically Fit
  • Journeyman Leader
  • Balanced Army

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
  • Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04-11-11 03:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
    I'm jealous now, your avatar and mon look great! Though it may be because you have higher graphical settings than me... Yes, I will use that excuse

I have only met one person who has a mon similar to mine. That's why I made the outside stripes bright blue, so I know which is mine.

It calculates the traits mainly by what you use his skill points on. So if you spend quite a few on hitpoints, armour and defence, he will be Physically Fit. If you concentrate on rallying, leadership, aura, etc, he will be a leader (then Journeyman, skilled...). Swordman and bowman just depends on his attack with sword or bow.
    Then you get random ones (Though not actually random), like the balanced army, or dishonourable coward.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 04-11-2011 @ 03:12 PM).]

Hussarknight
    Seraph Emeritus
    posted 04-13-11 01:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
    [JPEG, (146.28 KB)]

I have only two traits: Famous Leader and Favours a balanced army. I did have Bowman and Swordsman, but I reset the skill tree to spend those points leadership which is more useful I think.

I've already gone through a few colour schemes but haven't found one I really like yet. As a result my veterans are all different colours, which looks nice

The retainers I use atm are Yari Master (+1 defence for all spear units), Mishoki Portable Shrine (+2 attack for all monk units) and the Untrained Fugu Cook. This fits well with my standard army consisting mainly of Naginata Warrior Monks.

Hussarknight
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04-13-11 03:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
    Wow, he looks cool! I love the giant thing he has on his back.
    Hussarknight
    Seraph Emeritus
    posted 04-13-11 04:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
    Wow, he looks cool! I love the giant thing he has on his back.
    Works better than a baloon for stopping arrows! Even provides cover for his entire bodyguard

Hussarknight
    Army Ranger
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-13-11 04:32 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
    Hey Aftermath, our colours are almost the same! I have a burgandy backround with blue ties and a green symbol.
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04-13-11 05:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
    Even provides cover for his entire bodyguard
    Maybe even the whole army! Well, only if there is only 1 archer, and the army is in single file...

Why don't you show us yours, Army ranger?

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 04-13-2011 @ 05:08 PM).]

Gnarlyhotep
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-13-11 11:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
    Good idea indeed. Here is my avatar, although I am still struggling for a better, and more setting appropriate, name for him.

[This message has been edited by Gnarlyhotep (edited 04-13-2011 @ 11:29 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04-14-11 04:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
    Nice! I have never seen a flag similar to yours either.
    Lenardius VII
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-15-11 07:59 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
    I've got that flag as well.

Has anyone got the Tokugawa horns like me?

[JPEG, (364.72 KB)]

I wish I played more online but I just enjoy playing single player.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
    LordTaeglan
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-15-11 12:58 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
    My humble effort. I'm no good at multiplayer, not on land anyway. Working in a team I'm OK, but whenever I'm on my own I lose, always by the tiniest of margins.
    http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc373/Oracle-181/2011-04-15_00001.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc373/Oracle-181/2011-04-15_00002.jpg

EDIT: I think I'll leave them as links...

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear

[This message has been edited by LordTaeglan (edited 04-15-2011 @ 01:00 PM).]

Gnarlyhotep
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-15-11 01:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
    Thanks Liam. I'm rather pleased with how my clan colors and Mon turned out. It's nice to be able to use teal, purple and red without the soldiers looking like circus clowns or a gay pride parade.
    Soulzityr
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-15-11 04:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
    add soulzityr! im looking for team fights
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04-16-11 06:44 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
    Nice, guys. Everyone's Mon seems to look so much cooler than mine, maybe I will change it this week.

No, I haven't even seen those horns yet, but now I want them!

Will do, soulzityr. If I haven't already anyway. We shall join forces and crush thy dishonourable foe!
    BastWorshiper
    Sensei
    posted 04-18-11 12:08 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
    Now that I have my new helmet and better graphics....

Nothing special, really; and he looked better with the sun on the other side yesterday afternoon. The helmet looked golden, then, and matched the sashimono and the lace in the armor. I should have taken the pics at another time of day, when it's a little brighter.

EDIT: Is it just me or does Lord Taeglan's avatar kinda look like Hermes?
    Gnarly, I hope I'm not being too forward when I say, I really like the look of your avatar.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)

[This message has been edited by BastWorshiper (edited 04-18-2011 @ 12:22 PM).]

Army Ranger
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-18-11 05:07 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
    Why don't you show us yours, Army ranger?
    I didn't know taking pictures was so easy!

[JPEG, (208.36 KB)]

I changed my colours shortly after i posted on here before so there completely different.
    Gnarlyhotep
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-19-11 04:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
    Why Bast, ah do declayuh!

I spend a frankly embarrasing amount of time checking all the armor configurations to see what looks best, especially after I get a new piece.
    Hussarknight
    Seraph Emeritus
    posted 04-19-11 04:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
    Whoa, your banner kinda works like a blinding grenade Army Ranger!

Hussarknight
    BastWorshiper
    Sensei
    posted 04-19-11 04:42 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
    Here we go. My avatar in his golden glory:

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames