IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Multiplayer
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Multiplayer » Matchmaking and Army Funds Questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Matchmaking and Army Funds Questions
shadowdrummer46
Ashigaru
posted 04-04-11 08:13 PM EDT (US)         
Does anyone know if the matchmaking is based on general stars or skill point?

When I was 1-2 stars I was matched with 1-3 star opponents, but since I've been matched with a 9 and 6 star general. Needless to say those were rather rough battles, especially with the hhuge difference in retainers.

Also, how does the army funds work? I know I started with 5k armies when I was 1-2 stars and since its been 10k does it just increase with stars?

Aspiring scientist and millitary enthusiast.

I tend to be long-winded. Thanks for any help.
AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-05-11 02:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I'm not sure how the match making works. I too have been matched up against players of much higher level (e.g. 5 vs. 10) with much better units, so I think it's based on your rank on the ladder.

The funds do go up with skill level I think, or you wouldn't be able to use the more powerful and expensive units.

Hussarknight
megarian
Ashigaru
posted 04-05-11 07:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
yeah the matchmaking system is not the best i ve seen around so far
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-05-11 01:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
It was alright at first, but I too have been up against level 9-10 lately. Though it's good for them because they think they're better and call me a noob. I then beat them.

I can't remember what level I'm on, 5 or 6 I think. They also put me up against a complete newbie. Level 1, his first battle (it was naval), he hadn't even played the campaign yet.
Anyway, I encouraged him. I tried to make it easier for him and once he had almost lost I taught him few things, letting him board my ships and teaching him when to use fire arrows, when to board and when not too, etc.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-05-11 03:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Played five games today, four of which I was matched against 9 or 10 starrs. Kinda ruining the game as I'm constantly up against all-veteran armies that just won't route no matter what you throw at them.

Hussarknight
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 04-05-11 03:34 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
I've only played the one game, so far. This weekend I, twice, waited for more than three minutes for it to find me a match before I gave up and canceled.
The funds do go up with skill level I think, or you wouldn't be able to use the more powerful and expensive units.
Wait, so once I've gained a couple of levels, I have no choice but to play at a higher funds level? My only match was played at 5K, but that's what I wanted, since my CPU can barely handle this, and I wanted to limit the number of units on the field. However, I thought I'd chosen the funds level. Do we really have no choice in the funds level for match-made battles?

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-05-11 04:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
No, I don't think you do. I still have battles against lower-level players and the money is low. Then I have battle Vs Veterans and the funds is quite high. But I can get quite good units now anyway.

Have you lowered your graphics down a bit? I usually turn mine down to low for online battles so there is completely no lag. then turn it up again for normal play.
shadowdrummer46
Ashigaru
posted 04-05-11 06:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Yea I played 2 battles yesterday one was 5k one was 10k one was vs a level 1 and one was vs a level 4, respectively.

I even suffered a desicive defeat in the latter and gained a region and the retianer in that region on my avatar conquest.

Not that im complaining lol.

BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 04-05-11 07:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Yep, graphics are turned to the absolute lowest settings. Everything is turned off that can be. The truth is (and I knew this when I bought the game) my computer is slightly below the minimum specs to run the game. It runs well enough (not well, but well enough) for the single player campaign, though, which is why I bought it. Un/Fortunately, I've become kind of intrigued by the MP for this game with the avatar and clan conquests, et cetera.

It won't be an issue much longer, though. I plan on buying a new computer sometime this month -- AMD Phenom II processor X6, 1 GB dedicated graphics card, 8 GB System RAM, and so on. That machine should run this game just fine.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 04-07-11 02:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
It won't be an issue much longer, though. I plan on buying a new computer sometime this month -- AMD Phenom II processor X6, 1 GB dedicated graphics card, 8 GB System RAM, and so on. That machine should run this game just fine.
Ooo, that'll look pretty.

I like the 10,000 battles, but I don't think I'm gonna enjoy the larger fund size because it skews the tactics a little having so much surplus to spend. Heck, 10k is enough!

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
shadowdrummer46
Ashigaru
posted 04-08-11 00:15 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
agreed 10k with samurais or 5k with ashigaru. Small armies and more room for tactics.

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-08-11 12:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
10,000 is a fine limit in my book as it limits what you can bring with you, but not too much.

Hussarknight
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-08-11 02:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
agreed 10k with samurais or 5k with ashigaru. Small armies and more room for tactics.
A flaw I see in most enemy. If it a low money battle people think the more people, the better. But since having access to katana samurai I have not lost a single low-fund battle.

Usually I can get 3 Katana Samurai, 1 Yari cav, general, and a couple of archer ashigaru (upgraded). And along with some awesome Retainers; fugu chef almost neutalises ashigaru units . If they bring cavalry I send my yari after them, to protect my lack of spear infantry. If not I keep it hiden and sneak up on their general.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames