IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Multiplayer
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Multiplayer » Proposal: Clan Medals/Awards
Bottom
Topic Subject:Proposal: Clan Medals/Awards
Army Ranger
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 03:35 PM EDT (US)         
We should create a Clan awards system to reward service to the clan.

For example winning naval battles could get you a:
5:Ashigaru Naval Pin
15:Samurai Naval Pin
25:Warrior Monk Naval Pin
40: Daimyo's Naval Pin

In addition at the end of every game year or season we could give an award to the best player/s

We could put these in our signatures to show how many battles we have won,and i think it would encourage more people to go online and support the clan.

An example Signature could look like this
AuthorReplies:
mercenary01
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 11:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
that is a rather good idea i reckon, and i snatched a victory off someone after he said gg to me > arrows>general in that situation =D

This is my sig, don't diss it. It's the best sig in the world.

Please copy this into your sig if you just want to have a random comment in there.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-30-11 06:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
It's a good idea. But it needs a little refining before it gets implemented.

For example; what would happen once we all started to win this number of battles. It would really dilute the meaning of them. Plus, how on earth can we keep track? As far as I know there is no season summary built into the game which shows how many battles a certain player won during that time, nor where that battle took place (Land/Naval)

I did have a rough idea of appointing 'office' positions to people, similar to the commisions of those you can appoint in the SP campaign. These would change however, season to season. I'd also eventually like to implement Season-end summaries, similar to what I posted here but with more depth. My thought is that these temporary Clan officers will take on duties of 'government'. I.e. I might appoint you, Army Ranger, to be "Head of Supply" - which would mean for that season you're in charge of getting our Clan name out there, posting recruitment threads on TWC/Totalwarforums.com and so on. These are just bare bones of a long though process to get it to work, but what would you guys think of this?

Also; we're intending on holding fairly frequent 'official' tournaments and so we'll be naming victors/runners up and so forth for each one. However, that is not to say you guys can't go about setting up tournaments of your own. For instance we would do a 1 v 1 tournament, a naval tournament, a 2 v 2 tournament where you'd pair up with another forumer etc.

It's worth noting that we do name a Clan player of the week, which is currently RecklessBERRY. Another will be chosen this Friday.

Why don't we go ahead and use this thread to talk aorund ideas for the Clan and MP at Shogun 2 Heaven? I'd be interested to hear your opinions as members

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-30-11 09:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I like the commissioner idea there, afty. Very nice.

I'd also be supportive of the medals, if we can find a way to track things. Like afty said, some of them are going to be difficult to track.
BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 03-30-11 10:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Would it be that hard to do a screenshot at the end of each season and then calculate the difference between the records at the end of that season and the next? In fact, it may be easier to just have one of the commissioners run a spreadsheet to track wins/losses. Of course, there's still no way to distinguish between land and naval battles.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-31-11 10:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
No, it wouldn't be that hard to track the wins and losses as they progressed. But there isn't a lot of value in just appointing people medals for a set number of wins - because like you said, we can't measure Naval/Land battles.

Apart from assigning temporary commisions with a specific role within the Clan, the other way we could do medals is during our Tournaments we will begin hosting.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 03-31-11 10:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
The commissioner ideas are brilliant, Afty. And tourney hosting with small prizes is the perfect way to get the site's name out further. You'd be amazed the way your google analytics page for the site will tick up.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-31-11 11:11 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Hey, Cheese, fancy working for us again?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 03-31-11 09:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I'd lose the coveted Alumnus title. Only like 15 of us have those! And only like 4 are active!

I'll be happy to help out though. I'm thinking about writing some sort of article on taking advantage of some of the more esoteric aspects of multiplayer fighting.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-01-11 06:40 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Article writing's much easier nowadays with the forum and all
I was thinking actually of doing a quite guide to the avatar campaign map- I didn't realise how to unlock all the units, for instance, until recently.

Not that I have or anything.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames