IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Multiplayer
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Multiplayer » How do you use your generals?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you use your generals?
Waffentraeger
Ashigaru
(id: Daelon)
posted 03-28-11 11:46 PM EDT (US)         
Lately I've been trying to find the perfect use for my general. I have zero'd in on a few concepts about the general that you may be familiar with yourself. I have built my general up to be more of a combat then a strategic general. Meaning, he uses a bow and has many proficiencies in the archery category, but lacks in other areas. Some players have their generals setup for full melee, extra body gaurds, melee attack and armor, or some have stepped entirely away from the combative and gone more towards using their generals as a strategy asset using an increased route aura and more efficient "inspire" skills.

What are you thoughts on the generals for STW2?
AuthorReplies:
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 00:13 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I've gone heavily into the leadership and support aspect. I've got Scare Enemy and an expanded aura radius to lend as much weight to my troops as possible.

I've also put points into melee defense, and will be buffing the attack as well, to allow the general to serve as a shock cavalry attack to break the lines, but that's after I've gotten the leadership side exactly where I want it.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-29-11 02:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
So far I've spend one point on Bow, one on Melee and the rest on leadership. I reckon that it's better to boost a large portion of my army than just one unit.

Hussarknight
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-29-11 04:35 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
So far all of my points have gone into the Leadership tree, except one or two to make him more resilient in battle. Seems to have made a difference as I haven't lost him for many battles. Archery would be useful, particularly the Whistling arrows, as he would be able to fire into the enemy from behind. Not going to venture down that route until I've done all I want in Leadership though.

Then again I don't use my general in a combat role until later in the battle, and only then to tip the scale in melee. I tend to have plenty of Yari cavalry to do that anyway.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Waffentraeger
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 07:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
particularly the Whistling arrows
Everytime I use that ability, I don't notice anything happening. Hopefully it's just a bug. I love the leveling/rank aspect to the general, it really allows you to chose your gameplay style!
NinjXPk
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 09:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I got for campaign movement and inspiration because normally in a battle I like to bring up my general right into the fray and use his abilities from the gecko.

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-29-11 10:11 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Ninj, we're talking about our MP Avatar Generals here. Speaking of which it's better suited in our Multiplayer forum.
the fray and use his abilities from the gecko.
What the?

A f t y

A A R S

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-29-11 02:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Get Go, I hope. Geckoing is the act of running and jumping against a wall so you are horizontal on the wall, and dropping down.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-30-11 06:37 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I played a guy last night who was a higher level than me, he must have put all of his points into beefing up his Generals stats. He flung him into the melee and single handedly dispatched a unit of Katana Samurai and almost a second before my Yari veterans arrived to stop his rampage.

As for the whistling arrows... do you mean you can't hear their whistling, or you don't notice their morale damage effect?

A f t y

A A R S

Waffentraeger
Ashigaru
posted 03-30-11 07:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
As for the whistling arrows... do you mean you can't hear their whistling, or you don't notice their morale damage effect?
I don't notice it's effect, although the whistle part does sound cool.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames