IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Multiplayer
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.50 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Multiplayer » Season 2: The Total War Heaven Campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Season 2: The Total War Heaven Campaign
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-28-11 05:12 PM EDT (US)         
So, I figured we'd best use "Seasonly" threads to co-ordinate and keep us up to date with stuff.
And to keep the thread count of this forum going up, but still.

So, Ourselves and the Ronin Warlords have been promoted to a higher bracket. I have battled a TWC'er, so I believe they're in our bracket as well.

Where shall we go, guys?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
AuthorReplies:
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-28-11 05:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 50       
We should focus on regions that don't have to many borders, as that gives other clans less points to score by fighting battles (you get 5 points for each adjacent region your clan owns).

Also, personally I'd prefer expanding towards Kyoto from the west as that is where my avatar campaign is, but of course everyone will have their own preference for this.

Hussarknight
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-28-11 05:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 50       
Are the adjacent territory modifiers working properly? I could've sworn they weren't in the last season.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-28-11 05:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 50       
I won us a very close victory this evening, came to the brink of defeat but managed to snatch a win from death's maw. I have the replay so that will go up eventually, too.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-28-11 11:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 50       
I won a few victories for us this evening, taking a province or two.

I think we need a cohesive strategy, one region we focus on to build up a good lead in, and then pad it daily with a victory or two from each clan member, before going on expansion conquests.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-29-11 02:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 50       
Securing provinces is as important as capturing new ones. When I see we're tied in a province I always fight a battle there to solidify our position. What do you guys think of building a powerbase in, say, Kyushu?

Hussarknight
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-29-11 04:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 50       
Sure, point me in the direction of the clan marker, and I'll go for it.

Did secure a province last night, but it's probably gone by now. Lost a couple of close battles to other clan members

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-29-11 07:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 50       
Well, I reached the dizzying heights of about 758 on the ladder this morning- it's because the matched battles like to throw me up against 3, 4 and 5 star generals, and so I get more points

Army Ranger
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 07:55 AM EDT (US)     8 / 50       
Don't forget to do naval battles, sea regions are usually unowned so there easy to pick up.
What do you guys think of building a power base in, say, Kyushu?
Where is Kyushu?
NinjXPk
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 09:48 AM EDT (US)     9 / 50       
Kyushu is the southern island of Japan where the Shimazu spawn.

All Empires Crumble; there are no exceptions

Rise -> Zenith -> War -> Chaos -> Nothing
Monarchy -> Republic -> Empire -> Downfall -> Enlightenment
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-29-11 11:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 50       
I think a powerbase in Kyushu is a solid start. If they get the adjacent province bonus working right, it's easy to solidify a lead there.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-30-11 02:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 50       
Kyushu sounds like a good proposal. Hopefully I can get some more MP games in tomorrow and over the weekend. Haven't had a great deal of time this week

I want nothing more than to kick TWC in their teeth

A f t y

A A R S

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 03-30-11 03:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 50       
We all do, We all do.

I'm having a problem at the moment where if I click to see the clans on multiplayer Shogun 2 crashes, a message comes up saying "Shogun 2 stopped functioning correctly", and I have to start it up again.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-30-11 06:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 50       
Just took a short break from working on two assignments due tomorrow to play an online battle and won us another victory. I was quite pleased to see we're third in the bracket and one place above TWC!

Hussarknight
Lenardius VII
Ashigaru
posted 03-30-11 11:34 PM EDT (US)     14 / 50       
Im a bit lost.

So..i've already joned. im level 2 and i beat a level 6 player. It was a tough one as i managed to get a victory with 2 light cavs that i hid in the trees as backup.

I have not clicked Multiplayer campaign (i will try it tonight). I always do match games. I won one and lost one. I ended up having points to the clan.

how can i get into a team battle where i can be alongside my TW Heaven brethrens?

I only do match mode as i like to get into battle and battle anyone.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-31-11 02:13 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50       
Match-made battles are the only ones that count towards progress on the avatar campaign, but if you want to fight a battle with your clanmates you can still set one up in the battle list and ask them to join.

Hussarknight
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-31-11 10:52 AM EDT (US)     16 / 50       
how can i get into a team battle where i can be alongside my TW Heaven brethrens?
If you mean in a co-op match you need to click the 'set up team' button on the left hand side. From there you can search through the match-made battle finder for opponents and be in a team with 1, 2 or 3 fellow Clan members.

Best way to organise a game is ask here, on Steam page, or do what most do and add us as friends so you can see when they're playing Shogun and sort games out that way.

A f t y

A A R S

Lenardius VII
Ashigaru
posted 04-01-11 01:35 AM EDT (US)     17 / 50       
Is there a Steam ID thread? I just don't want to randomly add people on the heaven clan.

Anyone here particularly my fellow Australian...find add

Lenardius VII

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Sukhoi 37
Ashigaru
posted 04-01-11 02:21 AM EDT (US)     18 / 50       
I'll add you Lenardius VII.

I'm having troubles with the matchmaker, most of the time there is nobody to play so I have only been able to play 8 so far.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-01-11 02:45 AM EDT (US)     19 / 50       
I'll add you.

I won 3 battles last night. I even had a naval battle with the beggining ships against a level 7 guy with gunpowder ships and big scary things and everything. When I said Hi at the beggining he said "You ****ing fag" And he kept calling me a noob and everything. He was so confident he just spammed his ships towards me, got stuck by the rocks and where easy targets for my army. I won. At the end he said something that I didn't see because I had already pressed End Battle, but it was probably ****ing something.
Tom_Bear
Ashigaru
posted 04-01-11 10:29 AM EDT (US)     20 / 50       
Unfortunately, my clan contributions have taken a steep downward turn because of a new bug I'm experiencing.

When I do a match battle, it takes me straight from "opponent found, arranging battle" to the battlefield. I never choose my army. I'm given either a) my general, b) a random assortment of units, some of which I don't actually have access to yet, c)whatever army I last fought with.

4 battles in a row! 4 losses.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-01-11 03:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 50       
That's a big bug Tom_Bear. Haven't heard of that before. Have you verified the integrity of the game files via Steam? (right-click the game in Steam, then Properties, then Local Files)

Hussarknight

[This message has been edited by Hussarknight (edited 04-03-2011 @ 04:05 AM).]

Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 04-01-11 05:08 PM EDT (US)     22 / 50       
I've heard of others experiencing that, but not seen it myself. That just sucks, if I hear anything about a fix to it, I'll be sure to post it here.
Tom_Bear
Ashigaru
posted 04-01-11 07:38 PM EDT (US)     23 / 50       
They're aware of it over on the CA boards. Someone actually posted a video of what happens.

I did verify my cache, didn't help. I managed to pop out a couple of actual battles and victories though, so maybe it was associated with a province or connectivity problem.

From now on, I stay away from Shinano; someone else claim it for the clan.
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 04-02-11 02:49 PM EDT (US)     24 / 50       
I'm having the rather annoying problem of getting matched up against 10 stars constantly. I think it had something to do with how I rose up to rank 900 so quickly. I lost 4 out of 5 matches after that because even if I'd do well, I'd end up playing people on the 10K setting where I didn't have units available that could match theirs.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-02-11 05:12 PM EDT (US)     25 / 50       
I just won 4 battles in a row.... and guess what? The dishonourable coward trait reappaered on my trait list! I have only ever left one battle before the end and it hadn't even started yet! Blah!
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-03-11 04:06 AM EDT (US)     26 / 50       
Liam, did you wait for your opponent to load out of the game and into the post-battle statistics screen? That's also been reported to cause the problem.

Hussarknight
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-03-11 06:16 AM EDT (US)     27 / 50       
No, they always go before me because I save the battles and check which number to save it as. But it seems to go and come back again, I will check my avatar, see the trait then go back to the main manu, go back and it's gone, then it comes back even though I did nothing. Ah well, doesn't really matter.

TWC seem to be doing quite well. And another clan -XX- (Or something like that) are in the lead.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-03-11 04:30 PM EDT (US)     28 / 50       
I'm having the rather annoying problem of getting matched up against 10 stars constantly. I think it had something to do with how I rose up to rank 900 so quickly. I lost 4 out of 5 matches after that because even if I'd do well, I'd end up playing people on the 10K setting where I didn't have units available that could match theirs.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's very frustrating.

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 04-03-11 04:41 PM EDT (US)     29 / 50       
The good news is that the dishonourable coward trait goes away after a couple battles. I got it in the same battle I won a heroic victory. Go figure.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-03-11 08:14 PM EDT (US)     30 / 50       
I'm very annoyed. I managed to beat this 8* guy who had veteran Katana Samuri making up the backbone of his army, as well as a few monk units. It basically turned into an exercise in springing wave after wave of hidden cavalry unit- he tried to walk his cavalry round through the trees, and decided to make a break for it on my left wing with a katana and Yari unit while I was moving towards his army. It's a shame their path took them through my hidden light cavalry veteran, which charged and held both units long enough for one hidden Yari and the only light cavalry unit in the open to get the flank on them.

He presumably figured I had one more light or yari cavalry tops somewhere and we both gunned it with our main armies, and he sprang on the left with his other katana/yari combo which in turn was intercepted by my hidden light cavalry before being hit with Yari Ashigaru vets and another Yari cavalry I'd kept up my sleeve. In the mean time my general held the line with the rally ability (very useful, that) then skipped round with whatever was left of the cavalry that hit the first load of cavalry and another Yari Ashigaru unit and started rolling up the line.

Good game, he said. Then left the game. I got a "host has left the game" and no credit whatsoever.

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 04-03-11 11:22 PM EDT (US)     31 / 50       
Yeah, earlier I had a match do the same thing.

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-04-11 04:27 AM EDT (US)     32 / 50       
It really is annoying that you don't get credit for battles if your opponent leaves. Sometimes of course the battle hasn't been decided yet but it mostly happens when your opponent has lost and leaves. Kinda lame.

Yesterday I also had the strange event of losing a battle but I still got the province and the other awards for victory :S.

Hussarknight
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-04-11 07:36 AM EDT (US)     33 / 50       
Once more unto the breech, lads! We've got 2nd, 3rd and 4th place all on 16 points (that's Ronin Warlords, TWC and Us respectively). Everyone on, pronto!

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-04-11 01:34 PM EDT (US)     34 / 50       
I spent my whole weekend trying to get some provinces for our clan. I mainly focused on the sea because they were easier to capture since they only had about 45-50 instead of 200 like some mainland regions.

I spent a little too much of my weekend playing online. I have quite a good naval ladder placement (The last time I looked I was 199th)
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-04-11 05:38 PM EDT (US)     35 / 50       
I'm trying to capture some siege tower bunes before I venture back out on the seas- I'm quite good at the naval ones, it's just I keep get matches against Cannon and siege towers.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-07-11 06:26 AM EDT (US)     36 / 50       
Rather frustrated by my crappy internet connection now, and more importantly the way experienced players seem to alt+f4 out of battle upon being about to be beaten. I had this guy who was looking like he'd come up on top, with I being unable to come to grips with him and his strategy, before I found his troops on a suicide run with my light cavalry, and charged/routed them, before killing off his cavalry. I got a "Good Game!" and then "X has left the game. The game will now terminate".

Grr.

Nicomedeus
Ashigaru
posted 04-07-11 10:17 AM EDT (US)     37 / 50       
Is there a bug where it doesn't count as a win for your opponent if you concede defeat?
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 04-07-11 02:18 PM EDT (US)     38 / 50       
I was under the impression the patch had fixed this issue?

A f t y

A A R S

BastWorshiper
Sensei
posted 04-07-11 05:22 PM EDT (US)     39 / 50       
I don't know. The system still seems to have trouble with win/loss records, regardless of whether the other person leaves early. I was 1-0 until I fought 3 more battles Tuesday. Now, it shows my record on the clan page as 1-4. On the avatar stats page, it shows 4 battles started and 4 battles completed with a record of 1-2. In reality, I have split my 4 battles; so my record should be 2-2.

I don't really care about my record, but I would like it to be correct. On the bright side, it finally displays my name correctly.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
Nicomedeus
Ashigaru
posted 04-07-11 05:54 PM EDT (US)     40 / 50       
Well I didn't know that conceding a battle might not allow the enemy to get credit for it and I have conceded a few battles when I knew it was over.
TwistedWrister
Ashigaru
posted 04-09-11 06:13 PM EDT (US)     41 / 50       
Hey clan!
I've been lurking on your website for months, all the way back to the heyday of Empire. When I saw that Heaven Games formed a Shogun 2 clan, I joined up right away. I'm easy to find... just go to the worst win-loss percentage! :P

The matchmaker for this game is a bit wonky. My win percentage was annihilated when I played four or five games against 8-10 star generals as a 4. Lost every one. Not to mention the guys who pull the plug when they're about to lose.

Anyways, I hope my (tiny) contribution helps! I just got the siege weapons, and they really help quite a bit.
Army Ranger
Ashigaru
posted 04-10-11 00:02 AM EDT (US)     42 / 50       
I have formulated a new stratagy involving 13 matchlock ashigaru,5 Yari Samurai, and 1 Katana Cavalry. It goes like this.When his melee troops hit the first line the 2nd line opens fire,same with the second line.Yaris are for either cavalry or hitting enemy melee troops in the back.its been 3/0 so far (almost 4/0 but he quit ) I will upload a video later.

XXXX
Y XXXX Y K
Y XXXXX Y
Y

[This message has been edited by Army Ranger (edited 04-10-2011 @ 00:04 AM).]

shadowdrummer46
Ashigaru
posted 04-10-11 00:45 AM EDT (US)     43 / 50       
Don't your lines take friendly fire? How does the matchlock ashigaru hold melee? I'm interested in seeing a video of this.

Aspiring scientist and millitary enthusiast.

I tend to be long-winded. Thanks for any help.

[This message has been edited by shadowdrummer46 (edited 04-10-2011 @ 00:50 AM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-10-11 05:51 AM EDT (US)     44 / 50       
Me too, they should rout straight away. And what if he has archers/mongonels? Do you keep a defensive position but lose all troops or what?

Welcome TwistedWrister! Hope to see you around more often!

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 04-10-2011 @ 05:53 AM).]

Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 04-10-11 02:05 PM EDT (US)     45 / 50       
Anyways, I hope my (tiny) contribution helps! I just got the siege weapons, and they really help quite a bit.
Welcome, TwistedWrister, we're glad to have you with us

A f t y

A A R S

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-10-11 04:37 PM EDT (US)     46 / 50       
Indeed we are. Welcome to Shogun 2 Heaven TwistedWrister!

Hussarknight
TwistedWrister
Ashigaru
posted 04-10-11 07:41 PM EDT (US)     47 / 50       
Thanks everyone! I'm happy to report I've gone 3-1 since posting on the forum. Good luck?
Those accuracy-upgraded mangonels are wonderful. Ever since grabbing them, I've been doing much better. Granted, I have to play a lot more defensively, and most opponents either run to the other side of the map and hide or alt+f4. But those who dare face me in open combat get wrecked.

I'm still dying to get my hands on some fire rockets though. I've seen those put to fantastic use.

Also, last I checked we were in second place in the division. Go clan!
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-10-11 08:30 PM EDT (US)     48 / 50       
11 hours to go, and when I left we're on 15, tied with the Ronins. TWC is on 13, but they've got more americans that'll play through the night!

Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 04-11-11 04:09 AM EDT (US)     49 / 50       
Nah, I wouldn't worry about people playing through sunday nights, sundays are horrible for getting matches. If i hadn't had the luck of 5 alt-f4 players in a row, we might have pulled ahead of ronin, but right now they're at 17 and we're at 15, with twc behind at 12.

Did what I could, but between waiting up to half an hour for a match, and quitters denying me points, I couldn't make up the difference.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 04-11-11 06:38 AM EDT (US)     50 / 50       
We're now on 13 and the Ronin on 15. I tried to make a last-minute push but first Steam wouldn't start, then I couldn't find an opponent and when I finally found one the points for my victory weren't added to our total in the region so that didn't help at all. Looks like we'll have to try again next season guys.

Hussarknight
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames