IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Multiplayer
Moderated by Scipii

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.30 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Multiplayer » Multiplayer patch incoming.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Multiplayer patch incoming.
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-22-11 01:52 PM EDT (US)         
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=436394
Hi all,

I just wanted to officially jump in and let you all know that we are aware of the MP issues that have been flagged up in the various forums and are currently doing our utmost to rectify them as soon as possible. We conducted an extensive multiplayer BETA test in the months prior to release, but some new problems (primarily due to the extreme extra demand on our servers at release) have surfaced. We apologise for any inconvenience and/or annoyance this may have caused and can assure you that fixes will be patched in as soon as is possible. We are ready to release the first update (with a number of major fixes) imminently. This should be out within a week. The fixes for this first update are:

-All stats should report correctly
-All avatars being flagged as ‘dishonourable cowards’ fixed. This will be removed from all existing avatars. [Incidentally, this trait has no actual effect in- game]
-Avatar cost contributing to naval battle funds fixed.
-Occasional inability to add avatar skills has been fixed.

There are a number of additional issues that we are looking at for a subsequent update. These include: fixing use of global regions for the chat channels and battle lists; fixing the leaderboard and general crashes and matchmaking problems. We will release a bigger list of these issues in due course. This second update should be available within a few weeks.

Please note that the blue screen issue that a number of users have identified has been tested extensively and we have determined that this is actually caused by old drivers or an outdated motherboard BIOS. Upgrading your BIOS is something you should be careful with, and users are individually responsible for this. Please seek advice from your computer manufacturer's technical support department on this.

As I’m sure you have all seen, there are many new features within the multiplayer – many of which involve a significant burden on our central servers. We have all worked very hard to make the multiplayer for Shogun 2 special and I can assure you that we are currently fixing the problems with a high amount of urgency. Please bear with us for the next few days/weeks while we rectify this.

Regards,

IanRoxCA
Multiplayer Lead Designer
AuthorReplies:
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03-22-11 01:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 30       
Thank god for that stat fix!

I'm still at 0/2 despite winning two today, even after waiting for the computer logo to change to their own as you suggested. Irritating to say the least.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-22-11 02:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30       
Indeed, the updating still seems rather arbitrary and capricious. I should be something like 12-5 or 12-6, but I'm sitting at 4-1. I'm also pretty sure that I haven't been contributing points to the clan for my battles either, which is a damn shame.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-22-11 02:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30       
I think I've lost slightly more than I've won, but when I have won it's been in a couple of key provinces.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 03-23-11 04:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 30       
It says I'm 4/4 even though I have played 14 battles.... I even saved all the replays.

And it says I started 13 games, finnished 0
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-23-11 06:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 30       
The game is counting my battles correctly, although I have got the Dishonourable Coward trait. The only other issues I have is that the game gives me new personal bests for most men killed and lost in a battle after each game.

Hussarknight
TheSwampFox
Ashigaru
posted 03-23-11 10:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 30       
I'm going to join the total war heaven clan if thats alright with you once this patch comes out.
Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-23-11 10:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 30       
You're more than welcome TheSwampFox! We'd be happy to have you aboard!

Hussarknight
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 03-23-11 01:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30       
The only other issues I have is that the game gives me new personal bests for most men killed and lost in a battle after each game.
Me too.
Ischenous
Ashigaru
posted 03-23-11 02:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30       
I have bigger issues with the faulty match making system, which gives you 4v0 and such.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 03-23-11 04:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30       
Now Steam server is down or something. It can't find me an opponent
Lost Knight
Ashigaru
(id: huntforcollossus)
posted 03-23-11 05:42 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30       
Well i've played 3 multiplayer battles (2 land, 1 naval) and lost all of them (good start) and the stats board doesnt show them yet. i also found it impossible to get siege battles going, and had to wait for the timer to run down before the naval battle would start.

This is my signature. Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell- One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell.

Lol, that was funny. Lost Knight is my favorite bro in AoEIIIH - Eurotool
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-23-11 10:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30       
Naval battles, what you have to do is get you and your opponent to delete both of your armies, then add each ship in turn I've found.

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-24-11 07:18 AM EDT (US)     13 / 30       
Fire Projecting Mangonels are also bugged. For some reason I can't use them in land battles, even though I've seen an opponent use them.

Hussarknight
Gnarlyhotep
Ashigaru
posted 03-24-11 08:56 AM EDT (US)     14 / 30       
There's a retainer you need to equip in order to field the siege weapons.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-24-11 01:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30       
Yes, you need Ox carts.

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-24-11 02:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30       
Aha, that good to know. Nice touch that the game mentions it too

Hussarknight
bakaboza
Banned
posted 04-03-11 05:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30       
Hahaha,

You can say that again.
Utter failure of the multiplayer department. XD

RPG element, No game rule set, No battle map overview, Crap servers.

Have you ever played TW online?

Give my money back! Mofo

[This message has been edited by bakaboza (edited 04-03-2011 @ 05:09 PM).]

Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 04-03-11 06:32 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30       
Hi bakaboza, welcome
RPG element, No game rule set, No battle map overview,
When you create a game in the battle list you can speculate map and so forth, and the battle map overview is given on the loading screen, unless you're talking about something else?

And you don't like the RPG element of leading your own Daimyo and Clan into the battle? I think you might be the first!

A f t y

A A R S

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 04-03-11 07:32 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30       
There are some other things that are strange, too.

For instance, I have played 28 games. And the stats menu lists me as 15 and 13. BUT, according to the records on the clan page, I am 15 and 15. This is after it had previous failed to record one of my wins. So, it looks like in the process of giving me the win it never gave me a few days ago, it also added 2 losses. I'm puzzled.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Tom_Bear
Ashigaru
posted 04-03-11 08:48 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30       
Dishonourable traitor! Again!. I've never quit a battle. I've never desynced. I've had times where 'the host has left the game' but I don't understand.

Anyway, I don't think I'll take any flak online about it, but still.
bakaboza
Banned
posted 04-04-11 03:47 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30       
XD,

Battle map overview is a 3d minimap in low resolution, rotating and showing elevation with the initial deployment of defending forces.This should show during setup where you select your army!

Multiplayer battles need to have a flexible rule set. To set which units are allowed and which are not! How the **** did they manage to forget this after 6 series and even more releases?

I don't like the RPG element !
Anyway its a nice retarded unbalancing act......

Please stop yer sad whine about stats not showing correctly, go play tetris in the arcade!
I could not care less.

And they should have put Dishonourable Ripoff on their game instead off Dishonourable under my name!

Crap server, Crap server, Crap server.

At least the put an attacker side,

[This message has been edited by Aftermath (edited 04-04-2011 @ 06:47 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 04-04-11 05:19 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30       
Er, sorry, but can you try to keep swearing to a minimum. I couldn't care less but some people may get offended
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 04-04-11 06:53 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30       
Hi Bakaboza.

I would like to point you in the direction of our forums Code of Conduct.

In particular;
  • Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a matureand responsible manner

I've edited the swearing out of your post, but did not fix your spelling/grammar. Also, try to type in coherent sentences so those forumers of ours who don't speak English as a first language know what you're talking about.

Also, I saw your first post here too. And you took the time to edit out the swearwords, so in short, please do not evade the swear filter again or you'll be on the fast track to a ban

A f t y

A A R S

• bakaboza
    Banned
    posted 04-08-11 03:25 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30       
    Hahaha, onine police man and literate person.

Did you have any comment on the subject, no?
    Then shut THE **** up.

And please ban me, from your retarded website.

Gay-on.

Ps. Nice edit ey.

[This message has been edited by bakaboza (edited 04-08-2011 @ 03:27 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04-08-11 03:58 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30       
    Hahaha, onine police man and literate person.

Did you have any comment on the subject, no?
    Then shut THE **** up.
    Hi! Unfortunately I do not know what **** is meant to be, but I hope it is something nice like "boat"
    I like the RPG element.
    I do not think the game is a ripoff.
    I do not play tetris.
    You could make rules and go on normal battles instead of match-make if you want.
    I am not sure what you mean with the mini-map. You can learn what each map is like and remember the name.
    Steam servers are down rarely. Maybe it could be your internet connection?

Anyway, Afty, wish to do the honours? Since I am unlucky and do not have Mod powers.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 04-08-2011 @ 04:01 PM).]

Aftermath
    HG Alumnus
    posted 04-08-11 04:24 PM EDT (US)     26 / 30       
    Everyone say bye to bakaboza, his wish is my command!

A f t y

A A R S

Earl Scruffles
    Ashigaru
    (id: generalscruff)
    posted 04-08-11 04:43 PM EDT (US)     27 / 30       
    cheerio! not too pleasant to see ya!

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
    This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
    The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
    monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04-08-11 04:44 PM EDT (US)     28 / 30       
    Bye bakaboza!
    shadowdrummer46
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-08-11 06:32 PM EDT (US)     29 / 30       
    thanks afty, I didnt wanna say anything to him but he deffinitly has no place here.

Aspiring scientist and millitary enthusiast.

I tend to be long-winded. Thanks for any help.
    GeneralKickAss
    Ashigaru
    posted 04-09-11 01:23 AM EDT (US)     30 / 30       
    Hilarious.

"The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for." -Homer
    "You see, this is what happens when you don't follow instructions, GKA..." -Edorix
    Guild of the Skalds, Order of the Silver Quill, Apprentice Storyteller
    Battle of Ilipa, 206BC - XI TWH Egil Skallagrimson Award

The word dyslexia was invented by Nazis to piss off kids with dyslexia.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames