IE6 is not supported at this time. Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, FireFox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Swap Game Sign-up and Roster: Pontus to Italy
Bottom
Topic Subject:Swap Game Sign-up and Roster: Pontus to Italy
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 01-12-13 05:03 AM EDT (US)         
Our faction is Pontus, located just south of the Euxine Sea, which uneducated people call the Black Sea. Sinope is our capital, but we find the weather not as nice as we would like, plus we are merchant princes and there are very limited markets in our area. So we are going to move.

Italia sounds like a nice place. Great weather, lots of markets, excellent wine. Yes, we shall move to Italia. So, Sons of Mithridates, it is to Italia we shall go. It has been decided in council, thus it must be.

Affix thy moniker below if thou shalt join this endeavor. This scroll will be updated as men report in, thus a list of order of command will be established and published to all.

Version: 1,5 Vanilla
Unit Size: Large
Ammo and Fatigue, etc: ON
Battle Difficulty: Hard
Campaign: Hard.

(so far, and in order: )

1- General Sajaru
2- Alex David
3- Average Citizen
4- Thompsoncs
5- Bulba Khan

Drop-In Generals (offered a chance at end of every cycle):
Alex the Bold

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 02-03-2013 @ 05:14 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Average Citizen
Ashigaru
posted 01-12-13 05:32 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
I would like to join this grand undertaking, but I'd rather not be first.
Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 01-12-13 07:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
I'd like to join, but I won't be able to play for a couple of weeks, las I haven't received the disc yet. Are you also going to play Terikel?

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Average Citizen
Ashigaru
posted 01-12-13 10:43 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
I'm pretty sure steam are having a sale, the steam version is playable almost instantly.
Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 01-12-13 03:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
I know, but I've already ordered the disc, and I'm not fond of steam either...

Invincibility lies in defence, while the possibility of victory in the attack -Sun Tzu
Akouson me, pataxon de (hit me, but first listen to me)-Themistocles to Euribiadis prior to the battle of Salamis.
Hannibal the Conqueror
Ashigaru
(id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
posted 01-13-13 11:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
I'd like to join.

My computer is lagging like crazy though.

"I long for Darkness."
- Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 01-13-13 03:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
I'm in.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Thompsoncs
Ashigaru
posted 01-13-13 04:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
I will play as well, though I think this will very difficult. I'm a bit busy, but should be able to play a few turns now and then.
Bulba Khan
Ashigaru
(id: stormer)
posted 01-14-13 03:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
Count me in gentlemen.
Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 01-18-13 01:06 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
I finally managed to obtain a new disc, so I'm ready. I have two questions, though: When are we starting and how many turns each player has to play?

Edit: Unfortunately I was given today a school assignment that will take most of my time. Thus, I'll only be able to play as a drop-in...

[This message has been edited by Alex_the_Bold (edited 01-21-2013 @ 05:11 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-03-13 04:46 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
We can start whenever General Sajaru wants to start. He is the first player, and a mod, so he can start the thing, play his turn, then send it to the next guy.

Let the blood begin to flow!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 02-03-13 04:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
Can you put me as a drop-in Terikel?

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 02-03-13 05:14 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
How many turns am I supposed to play before passing it on to the next player? And how soon should we begin our migration? Obviously an early start is better, but without enough troops, I fear that taking on the Romans might be a bit unpleasant.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-03-13 12:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
The turns per player and the standard 5-10. Five if a lot of action, ten is a lot of movement and little action. Turns in the beginning phase (first round or so) tend to be closer to the ten, the mid-late game turns are usually fives.

Are we going to do the Council bit before making one's move? That is where the current general lays out the situation as he sees it, what he plans to do, listens to the others, revamps his plan, then executes.

The last one we did like that came out quite nice, I thought.

Alex_the_Bold
Ashigaru
posted 02-03-13 01:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
That would be a nice idea, Terikel...

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 02-03-13 08:05 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       
Probably best, if we want to have any sort of coherent strategy Otherwise, we might end up with different players essentially undoing what the previous one had done.

General Sajaru
Daimyo
posted 02-03-13 10:58 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
And so it begins; see this thread to suggest our course and see what we're doing.

[This message has been edited by General Sajaru (edited 02-04-2013 @ 02:38 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 02-04-13 01:27 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
You should also put this into the Game Thread.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War: Shogun 2 Heaven | HeavenGames